Model Cars Magazine Forum

WW II Destroyer KIt

Was thinking about maybe building a model of the Destroyer that mu Grandfather was on during WW II. What's the opinion as to who has the best, most reasonable priced kit? Having never built a ship model before not sure about the kits themselves. Was looking at Revells Fletcher Class. Any opinions?

My dad served on one during Korea, so as a kid we built a model of his ship, USS John Hood.  If you want a bigger size Lindberg made a kit called the Blue Devil Destroyer in 1/125 scale, so about 3' long, and capable of being motorized if you want.  I dont know if its been re-released since then by Lindberg (or anyone else) but you can find them on ebay.

Jason, while we do have all sorts of modelers here, this is mainly an automotive forum.  My recommendation is to ask your questions on a forum which caters to military modelers. For example, if you go to  FineScale Modeler forum  they cater to the military modelers, and even have a specific section just for ships. I suspect that members there will be able to assist you better.