Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Look, Revell Ford GT Le Mans

martinfan5

34 minutes ago, DiscoRover007 said:

If the glass comes pre painted then that's a huge plus. Would be a selling point in future kits.

It will be coming with the pre painted glass,  Revell did the pre painted glass in the new NASCAR( and previous) kits and I think they did with the C7R kits, but I dont remember for a fact.

Edited by martinfan5

The kit is out. There's a German online vendor that has it listed as of this morning. So it must be en route to other dealers now. Should see them showing up online more and more over the next few days as dealers/vendors receive their shipments from Revell.

It was suppose to be out back in June, but I heard Revell wanted to tweak the body molds a bit to make fitment easier. Then the release got pushed back due to what happened with Hobbico. I think the further delays this fall were due to all the bad weather in Asia delaying shipping. 

The windscreen wiper attached to the body shell is a bit weird to me too. And yes the prepainted windows are great. Im just glad Revell added in the decals for all the cars, only have the #4 in the C7R kit was a huge mistake, I think they actually listened to the complaints.

3 hours ago, Mike Chernecki said:

Are we going back in time, whats with the metal axles in many of the new Revell kits?

Not sure why the metal axles, I guess to promote play for kids to try to get them into building? a guess on my part.

Tho the ride height on this looks better, assuming Dave built it with the axles. Im sure he did since he had to build it OOB for Revell to display.

On 11/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, martinfan5 said:

Just like the C7R kit,   lets hope the brake rotors don't have herpes like the C7R

Just found an unboxing video on Youtube for this kit. It's in German but at about the 9:45 mark you can see the brake rotors and it looks like they have the proper groves in them. The decal sheet has what looks like decal accents for the grooves if you want to use them and not paint.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:53 PM, RancheroSteve said:

A cool subject in my eyes and it looks quite good, but - if I'm seeing at it correctly - the windshield wiper is part of the body casting? That strikes me as a bit of an odd decision.

You can alway's remove it and replace it with a PE wiper.