Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi sport Quattro S1 updated 2/2/19

Gt fan

I started to work on the glass of the kit and I find it a bit disappointing. There are a ton of pins on the glass and it is a bit thick. No window masks are in the kit?? The frame has a very light engraved frame. Buy some aftermarket masks . I ordered mine from Hiroboy. They give you some photo etched hold downs in the detail kit, but they are molded into the kit glass and would require them being cut off and sanded. I just painted mine. I was afraid of breaking the glass. Started working on the front of the car. I smashed the side marker light and put in a few pieces of it. I want it to look damaged from hitting something along the stage. More to come soon. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Back to work on the Audi the paint masked showed up ( Hiroboy) they worked really well. A must to paint the windows. Body has been put on the chassis, but wait a huge problem... body is way wider than the Chassis and creates a big hole. In the wheel wells. If the car had holes like these it would be full of snow and gravel. I’m fixing it by using left over tin from a printing plate. The perks of being a printer. Super thin metal. If the photos you can see the progress. 

EC00C0C9-DD40-45A2-AC1B-CED2C5DFF8AD.jpeg

8695DFD1-31F0-4140-BDB3-5D1F097B7C87.jpeg

BA521C57-362F-49A0-91AA-11353458D222.jpeg

0CAFB6D0-2F07-4F70-B32A-01DDF370F4C6.jpeg

EC7DF0CD-A40B-43D5-9788-30FD7BAE8244.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

21 hours ago, Gt fan said:

[...]  Body has been put on the chassis, but wait a huge problem... body is way wider than the Chassis and creates a big hole. In the wheel wells. If the car had holes like these it would be full of snow and gravel. I’m fixing it by using left over tin from a printing plate. The perks of being a printer. Super thin metal. If the photos you can see the progress. 

[...]

BA521C57-362F-49A0-91AA-11353458D222.jpeg

0CAFB6D0-2F07-4F70-B32A-01DDF370F4C6.jpeg

EC7DF0CD-A40B-43D5-9788-30FD7BAE8244.jpeg

[...]

This is a pet peeve of mine too!  I've used aluminum printing plate, and also wine bottle foil, to make wheel wells.  But I have to ask, what does the vent leading the rear wheel well serve, I would think brakes.  Looking good!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to finish the Audi. I filled in the negative spaces not a 100% , but I will fill in some of the space with snow pack. Now at least you can’t see though the car. Decided to do a broken head light lens. I will further this but scuffing the paint and decals in the area. Rear wing has been added as well as the wipers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, markx66 said:

WOW!!! Your details are so GREAT

I suggest you  paint the small buttons of the cockpit with the toothpicks like mine:lol:

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7809.JPG

IMG_7881.JPG

The CLK is looking good. I use toothpicks all the time , I sharpen then to different points. Thanks here is the base in progress 

image.jpg

• 2 years later...