Model Cars Magazine Forum

In Box: Revell 1:16 Porsche 356B Coupe 07679

I hope that Revell will get the Convertible instructions online soon, and we'll get a clearer idea of how the bits you do get as "unused" in the coupe are supposed to be used in  the detailed kit. There seem to be almost enough hinge parts included to get the doors to open (after cutting out the big beam that the door skins are mounted on in the coupe), but I can't figure out quite how they should work. The coupe body shell has structure moulded at the front edge of the door aperture that just isn't needed with the fixed door option, so I think there's a lot of common ground between coupe and cabrio bodies as well...

You could clearly build a full detail coupe by cross-kitting a coupe and cabrio. It's just a shame that you can get so close to it with just one kit, but not quite all the way... I guess the door is most of the way open for Revell to release a full-detail coupe in a year's time, if these sell well...

best,

M.

@Matt Bacon I think they will. There is also a second dashboard in the kit and some more unexplainable items. I am sure there will be the police car (Dutch/German versions) and without a doubt another coupe version. I think it is also the reason why they chose the 356 B/C, rather the 356 A, since there are more commercial viable options.

By the way, the chassisplate reads Porsche 356 B/C.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:03 AM, Matt Bacon said:

There seem to be almost enough hinge parts included to get the doors to open (after cutting out the big beam that the door skins are mounted on in the coupe), but I can't figure out quite how they should work. The coupe body shell has structure moulded at the front edge of the door aperture that just isn't needed with the fixed door option, so I think there's a lot of common ground between coupe and cabrio bodies as well...

Matt, here are a couple pics I have of a 356's doors open. Somewhat unusual at best due to the body shape.

5bfc1b02e29a6_!C!lurgBGk(KGrHqQOKnMEz4BNvjL9BNDoGGcffg_12.jpg.2376e84ee3404eb9a13e0c54a94d5ee3.jpg
5bfc1b03cb7c6_!C!lv!Zg!mk(KGrHqUOKkEEzLrCmYbpBNDoGI128!_12.jpg.9951bde27f194c5fa482d544fc347f1a.jpg

I haven't seen the kit up close, but I can betcha there'd be some scratchbuilding needed. ;)