Model Cars Magazine Forum

For The Moebius Pickups.. and others???

I hope this  is the right place to post this.. I just came across this item on Ebay - I am in NO way affiliated with the seller - just putting this out there because I am sure some guys will want one - or several. The price seems very reasonable and this may work under other 4x4 models....

Item: 183547985006

20 hours ago, gui_tarzan said:

I hope he used a metal rod inside the axle housing, I've had resin differentials sag over time. 

If he didn't, then it should not be overly difficult to gently drill the housing and insert a piece of rod to strengthen it. I wish that someone would make the front suspension for a Moebius 2 wheel drive so that the wheels didn't sit locked in one position. Actually, there seems to be, in my opinion, a real shortage of resin parts to upgrade those trucks and as popular as they seem to be, I am pretty sure there would be a market for that sort of stuff such as the baby west coast mirrors, front bumper guards, grille guards, outside sun visor, cab lights, rear step bumper, etc.

20 hours ago, impcon said:

I am pretty sure there would be a market for that sort of stuff such as the baby west coast mirrors, front bumper guards, grille guards, outside sun visor, cab lights, rear step bumper, etc.

Most of those can be sourced from other kits but a really nice step bumper has been the elusive one for me. I modified the stock one that comes in the 4x4 kit. With as many trucks as there are out there it seems like someone would have done a correct step bumper at some point. 

stepbumper.png

Joseph at Fireball Modelworks has created the F250 4wd conversion kit and a nice set of cab marker lights for the Moebius kit but beyond that I haven't seen anyone else create anything for them. I agree that some other pieces would be nice (bumpers, mirrors, etc) and suspect that the upcoming utility bed in the 65/66 Ford F100 will find it's way to a few of these kits. I am willing to spend some cash if someone offers it!

Here’s everything you need to make a proper 4x4 out of the Moebius fords and I’m sure it could work with others as well. You will not find better quality parts than these! And yes, metal bars thru both axles as well as the pivot points of the steering knuckles. There’s a metal bar for the tie rod too! Joseph has outstanding parts!

http://www.fireballmodels.info/

4C56692B-955C-4BCD-BA00-81252BAA9BB8.png

53C9E975-F6D4-415C-945F-64B3DA1B1B5C.png

78857EAF-8FFF-4DDD-8455-E7561B097962.png

Edited by Ben

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, my80malibu said:

OMG this guy is going to take the rest of my Money.

I have started a support group for those of us addicted to Fireball Modelworks excellent products! I think I spent close to $300 last year, maybe more, and his stuff is worth every penny of it!