Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Chevy nomad wagon

Gerald Haney

Nice job on the flames! I too have a resin body and his flame mask and want to do the same thing. Did the mask stick real well?

Also I bought a 67 Barracuda that was painted blue. I stripped it in the purple pond and it found gold paint under the blue and it would not come off. I washed it off and put it in 91% alcohol and it striped it off right away! I have found that if the purple don’t work the 91% will and vice versa.

15 hours ago, Sport Suburban said:

Nice job on the flames! I too have a resin body and his flame mask and want to do the same thing. Did the mask stick real well?

Also I bought a 67 Barracuda that was painted blue. I stripped it in the purple pond and it found gold paint under the blue and it would not come off. I washed it off and put it in 91% alcohol and it striped it off right away! I have found that if the purple don’t work the 91% will and vice versa.

Yes they stick really good.  I have got a few old models and neither purple power or 91% alcohol will remove the paint even letting it soak over night. 

I need some advice or opinions, first should I foil the chrome down the side of the 57 an partially cover some of the flame job.  

Second, what do you think of the copper on the 57 trim I did last night?  I’m debating doing the trim around it and down the side to front fenders in the chrome foil.

Edited by Gerald Haney

Since you asked, the moldings for the body side chrome trim are still on the body I would go ahead and "chrome" them. The copper Bel Air inserts don't harmonize color wise with the body colors, but then that is only my feeling and it is your build so do it the way you think looks best. This is obviously a Kustom so it's pretty much anything goes.