Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the latest Revell North America News

Phildaupho

I wish I'd known the A coupe would become unobtanium. I was planning to be buying one or two a year for a long time :/

*edit* oof, that sentence is rough. What I meant was, I was looking forward to many years of occasionally buying the '30 coupe. There we go.

Still, glad to see that the shambles is knitting itself back together somewhat, and Revell will continue to produce those American subjects.

Edited by Spex84

1 hour ago, Mike 1017 said:

Do the new Revell kits have the Northlake IL info. This is where the new facility is suppose to be.

Mike

Not on the '69 Boss 302 and '68 Chevelle that I got recently.  Both still have the Elk Grove Village IL addr on the side of the box, but say distributed by Revell Gmbh w/ the German addr on the bottom. 

It is good to see Revell North America is alive and will be re-issuing a bunch of kits. Although it may have been done elsewhere I think it is time we do a poll of additional kits we would like to see re-issued and send the results to Revell. I started a list of kits I figure modellers would want to see need on the list and it has already grown quite long. Certainly on my personal list would be the Model A twins and the rest of the 32 Ford Deuce line-up.

17 hours ago, Casey said:

Glad I checked that post and found the 1/12 Revell Yamaha 250 DT Enduro is scheduled to be reissued: :)

Congrats on finding something you like! I wish they'd re-issue the 1/8 scale Honda Scrambler from the same era.  Revell has reissued the Honda CB72, Triumph Tiger 100 and some of their other old motorcycle kits.  Though those kits seemed to be pretty short runs and vanished out of the stores quickly.  Proving the old rule once again: "If you see a model you want, get it NOW." 

hon_scr.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof2

27 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Congrats on finding something you like! I wish they'd re-issue the 1/8 scale Honda Scrambler from the same era. 

Maybe the Enduro is the first among others to be reissued? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I learned to ride on a Yamaha Endura 125, so hopefully Krylon's School Bus Yellow is still available so I can paint the model the same color. :D

1 minute ago, youpey said:

the greased lightning kit seems to be quite difficult to find these days (without overpaying). was this limited production or something?

even on ebay there was only 1. 

Maybe they sold out their first production run?   Model Roundup still shows them available. 

1 hour ago, youpey said:

the greased lightning kit seems to be quite difficult to find these days (without overpaying). was this limited production or something?

even on ebay there was only 1. 

My Hobby Lobby has plenty in stock at the moment. I highly doubt they are a limited run. Maybe a one time shot on the theme, but I doubt limited. 

Revell's U.S. distribution is still working out the kinks...oh who are we kidding it's disaster. Hobby Lobby gets their kits because they're ordering nearly an entire production run in order to stock new kits into 700+ stores. But beyond that the 3PL that's working now seems to be filling orders on a size based first come, first served method that means you only get models if you order multiple cases and as soon as physically possible. It's even got Stevens Int'l turned around because they've never gotten stock of the '67 GTX reissue, but Hobbytyme did and sent 4 to my LHS, but now that kit is unavailable from any distributor. That doesn't even get into the total lack of Revell Germany kit availability, or the fact that Canadian distributors have been getting the shaft on nearly everything.

It'll smooth itself out, it basically has to, but it's not been a smooth first 120 days.

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Revell's U.S. distribution is still working out the kinks...oh who are we kidding it's disaster. Hobby Lobby gets their kits because they're ordering nearly an entire production run in order to stock new kits into 700+ stores. But beyond that the 3PL that's working now seems to be filling orders on a size based first come, first served method that means you only get models if you order multiple cases and as soon as physically possible. It's even got Stevens Int'l turned around because they've never gotten stock of the '67 GTX reissue, but Hobbytyme did and sent 4 to my LHS, but now that kit is unavailable from any distributor. That doesn't even get into the total lack of Revell Germany kit availability, or the fact that Canadian distributors have been getting the shaft on nearly everything.

It'll smooth itself out, it basically has to, but it's not been a smooth first 120 days.

Oh boy howdy has it not been smooth...

I'm not sure who was doing product demand predictions at Revell to determine production run sizes, but I feel like they moved a decimal point to the left by accident. At this point I've resorted to sacrificing a goat to the old gods to try and get more '68 Chevelles and Baja Broncos for my inventory. 

2 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

My Hobby Lobby has plenty in stock at the moment. I highly doubt they are a limited run. Maybe a one time shot on the theme, but I doubt limited. 

i called my local hobby lobby and they said they didnt have any. i am not sure if he just looked on their site or if he actually looked in the isle. I bought one on ebay but cost me over 30 dollars with it shipped,.  i always like to buy 2 in case i made a mistake. i am sure i will eventually find another one. 

especially with this kit, i love the 40/48 ford convertible kits from revell. they are terrific 

31 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hey, let’s give Revell a chance! It’s a brand new operation.

Revell will be at NNL East. They said they wanted to communicate with American modelers, they see the USA market as viable. And that’s all I’m gonna say!

I can't see them ignoring the North American market, and it's not like I don't already have plenty of stuff to build already while they sort it out.

20 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hey, let’s give Revell a chance! It’s a brand new operation.

Revell will be at NNL East. They said they wanted to communicate with American modelers, they see the USA market as viable. And that’s all I’m gonna say!

They may want to communicate with American modelers, but they are not doing anything for the Canadian modelers! From what I have heard, not a single 68 Chevelle kit was sent to Canadian disty's. I support my local hobby shop and prefer buying from him and not ordering through American e-stores. 

Danger

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

They may want to communicate with American modelers, but they are not doing anything for the Canadian modelers! From what I have heard, not a single 68 Chevelle kit was sent to Canadian disty's. I support my local hobby shop and prefer buying from him and not ordering through American e-stores. 

Danger

I got my '68 Chevelle at  a Winnipeg Hobby Shop a few weeks ago, they had the Mustang as well. They are in Canada.

23 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Agree 100%.....seen it first hand. I know a few hobby shop owners and a dist......all are having issues getting product....how much could they sell if the 'kinks' were fixed????

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, Daddyfink said:

Same here, as I posted elsewhere.  And I'm 3000 miles away from you, in a very small town.

For several weeks now, my local HL has been fully stocked with Greased Lightning kits.  Stopped in yesterday and I don't think any have even sold yet, the shelf space for them looked full. No'68 Chevelles or '69 Mustangs, though.  And no '60 Chevy pick-ups with Go-Karts, the one I'm really looking for.

3 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Same here, as I posted elsewhere.  And I'm 3000 miles away from you, in a very small town.

For several weeks now, my local HL has been fully stocked with Greased Lightning kits.  Stopped in yesterday and I don't think any have even sold yet, the shelf space for them looked full. No'68 Chevelles or '69 Mustangs, though.  And no '60 Chevy pick-ups with Go-Karts, the one I'm really looking for.

the 1960 Chevy with the go kart is a AMT kit I know because my hobby shop (in Canada) has 4 or 5 of them