Model Cars Magazine Forum

builds fairly nice, just remember the fender pivot is a fixed location and the cab must be fitted to the fenders. If I had it to do over I would get an AITM front axle and bigger tires. Thanks to all for following and input. paint is Krylon white and GM touch up gray with decals from the chevy crew chief kit. 

DSC01888.JPG

DSC01884.JPG

DSC01882.JPG

DSC01881.JPG

DSC01880.JPG

DSC01878.JPG

Look's very nice Ken. I am not accustomed to you not having your traditional metalized type colors. Great job. I just got the DM600 as a gift and am probably painting it with a yellow cab, and either a dark green, dark blue, or semi gloss black frame and associated frame parts. Will get the MPC/AMT Tri axle dump trailer. Although not sure how the Gray/Blue Thunder Sand and Gravel decals will look on it.

I  remember seeing these in the department store when I was a kid. They never seemed to sell. I always thought that they were ugly back then, and figured that was why they didn't seem to sell. Now all the trucks that I used to think were ugly are now my favorite building subjects.

You did a great job on this one Ken! It looks great hooked to that lowboy!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 12/2/2018 at 9:22 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I  remember seeing these in the department store when I was a kid. They never seemed to sell. I always thought that they were ugly back then, and figured that was why they didn't seem to sell. Now all the trucks that I used to think were ugly are now my favorite building subjects.

You did a great job on this one Ken! It looks great hooked to that lowboy!!

I agree Brian