Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/25 55 Chevy

Brudda

That stance is dead on, and I have to say that I do believe that's the nicest chrome trim I've seen.....this Molotow stuff is a game changer! I could just go on and on- the beautiful color combo, how it sits, definite 2 thumbs up!

so what ya waitin for.....get to buildin!

Thank  all of you for the great comments. My friend Mark gave me some molotow and now I can do the cars I like. 50s and 60s cars! It is a game changer. Not expensive and better than all the others. The smell is not bad. . No grief from the wife. Here is a pic of the front. Put lights in. This monogram kit is a sleeper of a kit. Thanks again. 

776172AA-4F6C-4AC0-94BE-51D69101E2E3.jpeg

Thank you ismaelg and Superbird. Putting the motor together. Very stock. 265 with a automatic. Not really exciting but as a everyday driver this is what my buddy used. Had 4 wheel discs so it stopped well. When he got more money he was going to put a hi po small block with a turbo 400. But sold it before he did that. Still a nice car. Had around 225 hp. Had a 10 bolt rear. Not fast but reliable. A cool cruiser. Here is the start of the motor. 

ED72C26F-BEFB-4231-964B-2AEF418425A7.jpeg

Thank you kollefornia kid and bisc63. Your right bisc63, they did not fit very well at all. My buddy and I had to spend a lot of time fitting his doors, hood and trunk. I’m restoring a 65 mustang and boy they do not fit very well. My friend Kevin is a restoration guy. I’m at the production end of bodywork. We took several weeks after work to get things to fit with rewelding, solder and lead. But when it’s done it’s worth it. Here is the only major modification that I have to do. Make the rotors smaller to fit the American wheels. 

0B4D58E0-F1C6-43FF-8EB8-E56FB16B06EB.jpeg

2BEEED4B-9DF5-4A7D-9FCB-F78D16CB4069.jpeg

4131CE56-5028-4EFF-A309-6BBC4A9F6B34.jpeg

Thank you Codi , oldnslow and 58 impala. I might change the direction of the power plant. I have a big block from a revell 66 el Camino  kit I might use with a 4 speed. Took it to the model meeting last night. A friend said a big block might look nice in there. I believe he might be right. So my friend Kevin might be in for a suprise