Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/25 55 Chevy

Brudda

Thank you 511 nova. I’m going to spray the chassis trim black. Painted the firewall and chassis. Not going to get carried away with the under carriage. No brake lines just engine detail. I was supposed to make this a easy build but got carried away a little with the motor. Here is a pic of what I have done today. 

54BCDB9F-AB37-4360-BD71-9E94D24267CA.jpeg

797AED69-0CB2-4EFC-B726-25F4D2EE4C7A.jpeg

Thank you 511 nova. Going to wrap it up hopefully this week. I learned that you cannot handle mototow chrome very much. Trying to fit the bumpers and they Looked like aluminum when I was done fitting them. Repainted them this morning. Going to use rubber gloves and I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Bruce, this is looking terrific! A word about Molotow.......one can't put any type of alcohol based clear (Future) over it . Molotow contains alcohol and it'll dull the finish as you've seen. One idea to protect the finish is to put some 'Liquitex' over it after it completely dries. There's some folks on Facebook that have tried it and they swear by it.

I just bought a bottle of Liquitex recently and I'll be doing the same thing when it comes time to need it.

Hope this helps and keep up the great work!

Everything done except bumpers. Having a tough time with them. Tried the liquitex and it did not work. Striped again and primed and sprayed molotow again. Letting it dry by my heater so it should be ready to install tomorrow. I’m still going to find something for chrome protection. 

BD6C44A4-B630-41A3-9504-A7B60FF5FA2F.jpeg

FD7DB206-58A2-4F7F-9C19-37E64D5B9EB0.jpeg

6E2BB1DB-739A-43D5-963D-5770F4864BDB.jpeg

Bruce, sorry I didn't answer you before. I'm at work and sometimes depending on what's going on, I can stay connected..........or not. ;)

It might be a good idea to test out the Liquitex on a plastic spoon or something that you put the Molotow on. Just to ward off any potential surprises, but that should work.

EDIT: OK, I just saw your latest post. One thing I've learned about Molotow is that they need to dry COMPLETELY before putting anything over them or handling for that matter. I'm talking perhaps a week or so and I don't recommend putting it in any kind of dehydrator or whatnot unless it has sat for a day or longer.

Hope this helps!

Edited by MrObsessive

5 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Bruce, sorry I didn't answer you before. I'm at work and sometimes depending on what's going on, I can stay connected..........or not. ;)

It might be a good idea to test out the Liquitex on a plastic spoon or something that you put the Molotow on. Just to ward off any potential surprises, but that should work.

EDIT: OK, I just saw your latest post. One thing I've learned about Molotow is that they need to dry COMPLETELY before putting anything over them or handling for that matter. I'm talking perhaps a week or so and I don't recommend putting it in any kind of dehydrator or whatnot unless it has sat for a day or longer.

Hope this helps!

I agree as well. From what i've seen it takes at least a week for it to dry

Bruce , this is the best looking 55 I've seen in a long time . The only thing I see it needs is the trim on the front fender needs to be foiled . The body accent on the front fender , if it didn't extend on to the door would be body color , but since it does , it represents the chrome trim that covers the accent .

6634e9202b737962546cbf8630db5cfe.jpg

1301chp-01-o%2B1955-chevrolet-210%2Bdriv

in any case , your's is a beautiful rendition .