Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT garage accessories

426 pack

On 11/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, Casey said:

Anybody besides me notice the 1959 issue Deuce Roadster box with modern box proportions? Portent of things to come? The roadster and coupe are long overdue...

1 hour ago, Daddyfink said:

So, will they do the drivers set next....

No idea if they have any others planned, but three (almost) all released at the same time is a pretty good effort. I think the two-post lift is a good idea, as it won't require using (and having to detail paint) the figure, plus, it allows the underside of the vehicle to be shown off when the lift is in the raised position.

I was juts a but perturbed regarding why the Aurora Racing Scenes style box art was used, but if it was to attract attention, well, it worked on one person. -_- 

4 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I've done a couple of different searches on eBay looking for this kit. And so far I can find nothing. Is this kit available to masses as of yet? 

I don't think so, but you can bet once they are they will be all over eBay and other online sellers. I think all three have a staggered release, so one each month from December through February or so I would guess.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I was juts a but perturbed regarding why the Aurora Racing Scenes style box art was used, but if it was to attract attention, well, it worked on one person. -_- 

That is rather odd, considering Round 2 doesn't own the Aurora tooling AFAIK...and it's pretty obscure and old..

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

That is rather odd, considering Round 2 doesn't own the Aurora tooling AFAIK...and it's pretty obscure and old..

It makes some sense from a placeholder perspective, but it's also a good reminder to not read too deeply into anything until something official is announced and/or shown.:unsure:

• 1 month later...

Nice..I knew those looked familiar somehow. just scaled down to 1/25..It will only make sense for them to eventually  release the building display to put all three kits in.. plan on getting these soon..hopefully they will make new tool expansions to these series of garage diorama kits. 

7 hours ago, Brett Barrow said:

These are out now, by the way.  The first two, anyway, the lift's not out yet.   They're new tooling but they do have a very old-school feel to them.  I'd never seen the Aurora sets in the flesh before it makes sense if they used them for inspiration.  

Inspiration? Heck, they are flat out small scale copies of the Aurora sets!! Just hope they also do the Funny Car parts!! 

They most likely have access to the sets or even the Tom West drawings/blueprints, as they still exists. How they managed to make them without Monograms permission is the question. Or did they have permission?

I really would like to hear how Round 2 managed to pull this off. 

Doesn't revell own the monogram line?  It would appear they obtained permission to copy them in a smaller scale. Or is it even considered a " copy" since these are not in the original 1/16th scale?  I wonder if round 2 bought/ obtained  the Aurora line designs from the recent revell bankruptcy situation.. Would be interesting to know the story on this one.