[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Oldmopars

A-Team van vs. Rescue Van (AMT)

I am just wanting to find out if the A-Team Van body is the same as the Rescue Van body. When I look at the rescue van I see 4 spots that look like where the lights go on the A-Team van. I really just need to know if the size of the roof is the same.

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

The roof is the same in that respect.  There are differences between the two bodies, but those involve the raised ribs on the roof panel and quarter panels (A-Team body has them, Rescue Van does not).

Wait, they reworked the A Team van just to GET RID of the roof ribs? Why? Those were accurate, the smooth roof is not.

Aarrgh!

8 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Wait, they reworked the A Team van just to GET RID of the roof ribs? Why? Those were accurate, the smooth roof is not.

Aarrgh!

To make the body "more like the earlier versions" which didn't have the ribs.  Only the A-Team issue had them.

No big deal to add them with Plastruct strip stock, but then again I would have just left them on.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

To make the body "more like the earlier versions" which didn't have the ribs.  Only the A-Team issue had them.

No big deal to add them with Plastruct strip stock, but then again I would have just left them on.

If they would have given us the window option, I would have considered that a worthwhile trade off. Or the Open Road Mini Motorhome parts! Big hint-hint, Round 2!

That 'window' option would have been nice when I was building my daughters van using an A-Team body. I knew one version of the '85 GMC/Chevy had window recesses so they could be easily cut out. I never found which version had them, but a rerelease should include these to add easy options.

Look what I had to do ...

image.png.b4e0c975c90861e0e0a028541501dc4c.png

image.png.9001762ea9ccac9ee1eb3da8b7d9a49c.png

image.png.ffc669b295dc8e1d02d546abcbf6be3e.png

None of these kits ever had recessed areas or cut lines for the windows.  The pre-1975 issues all had open side panels on the body, and separate inserts (with/without window openings) that went into the body from the inside.  The early bodies had a separate hood also.  The revised body had the open side panels eliminated, round portholes added to the quarter panels, the rear door window openings eliminated, and the hood molded shut.  The A-Team van had the quarter panel and roof ribs added, sunroof and spotlight holes added to the roof, and portholes filled in. 

Not sure on the different styles of the two kits. But I would like to do the. Mothers. Jugs an speed. Van 

The Rescue Van will also have the rear plate set into the left rear door, which was bumper mounted on the '78 and later G-Vans, if it's like the Dirty Donny Van, won't have that rear bumper or the '82-'91 GMC 2 head light grill the A-Team Van comes with either.

7 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I am just wanting to find out if the A-Team Van body is the same as the Rescue Van body. When I look at the rescue van I see 4 spots that look like where the lights go on the A-Team van. I really just need to know if the size of the roof is the same.

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

That cutout groove appears to be what would be done for the Open Road Camper?  Could be they will resurrect that one?  Still need the side windows though.

Thanks, this is the information that I needed. Top secret plan for the 2019 Cannonball. Doing some research to formulate a plan.

2 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

Thanks, this is the information that I needed. Top secret plan for the 2019 Cannonball. Doing some research to formulate a plan.

You might enjoy this then:lol:

So from what I can see the A-Team van body is the same other than the roof, license plate and rib on the side. The new issue Rescue and I assume the Cop van look like the Dirty Donnie van without the extra custom parts. But all in all the same van body.

So can anybody tell me if the Dirty Donnie or any newer issues include the A Team grill, flares, or any of its specific custom parts?

6 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

So can anybody tell me if the Dirty Donnie or any newer issues include the A Team grill, flares, or any of its specific custom parts?

Check my Photobucket link, if they don't show up in those pics i  White plastic, then the DD truck doesn't have them. I know they fixed the driver seat, it doesn't have Mr. T,  the '78-'95 bumpers and the '82-'91 grill, but can't remember on the flares, running boards, or wheels.