Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 288 GTO Spyder

Dann Tier

On 11/28/2018 at 10:14 AM, Dann Tier said:

If you do have this kit No.9, Kurt, then you don't have to worry about it, because it secretly comes with a substantial size PE fret, that includes replacements for all the vents......I just prefer plastic over PE whenever I can.

I have #22, box art is a red car, vertical picture (unusual format for a model box), molded in white, grill looks good, no p-e.  I also have the #1052 kit, with a photo of a yellow car on the box, still sealed so no idea of contents.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, 89AKurt said:

I like the wheel modification.  That blue is nice, add a pearl over it.

I just like purple.  Doing a white interior made it pop.  It was good enough to get on the cover of a model magazine (not going to look at this moment).

Mythos b.JPG

Nice Mythos!!

On 12/1/2018 at 9:35 AM, 89AKurt said:

I like the wheel modification.  That blue is nice, add a pearl over it.

I just like purple.  Doing a white interior made it pop.  It was good enough to get on the cover of a model magazine (not going to look at this moment).

Mythos b.JPG

What did you use for that matte purple...it looks fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Aren't you done yet?  :P

I was evaluating the seats I just got, comparing to the kit's for the original GTO.  Found the pictures of a convertible 250 GTO that was part of a Copperstate rally many years ago (as in taken by SLR camera using slide film and then printing on photo paper ancient technology so last century).  Some day.... next life.  -_-

IMG_8843_Fotor.jpg

14 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I was evaluating the seats I just got, comparing to the kit's for the original GTO.  Found the pictures of a convertible 250 GTO that was part of a Copperstate rally many years ago (as in taken by SLR camera using slide film and then printing on photo paper ancient technology so last century).  Some day.... next life.  -_-

IMG_8843_Fotor.jpg

The yellow 250 GTO spyder is a replica (kit car).

19 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

IMG_8843_Fotor.jpg

I have all those kits too.....minus the Gunze, lol   Even though the Protar has bits that are too squared off, I really like that kit!!…..PE wires cant even compare to the plastic spokes in that kit!!...they are insane!!!. and even though that Ferrari is a kit-car, it DOES make for a lovely roadster!!!.....I might be doing that in the future!, unless you are...…..buckle up again, Alex!!!..lol

18 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

I have all those kits too.....minus the Gunze, lol   Even though the Protar has bits that are too squared off, I really like that kit!!…..PE wires cant even compare to the plastic spokes in that kit!!...they are insane!!!. and even though that Ferrari is a kit-car, it DOES make for a lovely roadster!!!.....I might be doing that in the future!, unless you are...…..buckle up again, Alex!!!..lol

Agreed on the wheels!  The Fujimi's are horrible.  I have a detail set of p-e spokes and turned aluminum rims too.  And you first, can learn from any mistakes you make.  :P  Cool F40 Roadster, never saw that before.

10 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Agreed on the wheels!  The Fujimi's are horrible.  I have a detail set of p-e spokes and turned aluminum rims too.  And you first, can learn from any mistakes you make.  :P  Cool F40 Roadster, never saw that before.

Hey, bud!, I have some Fujimi Upgrade spokes that I got a loooooong time ago that are actually really good! You probably already know this, but I have an issue with PE spokes. Too many people condemn the plastic ones saying that they're unrealistic. In this hobby, quite often you have to pick which looks of realisms you want......you CANT have them all....especially the smaller the scale.....1/24 included. To the afore mentioned I say that spokes ARENT flat. I don't know when I will get to it, but my Protar is gonna be a roadster one day!...lol

• 2 weeks later...