Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966 GTO 2/10/19

Metalmad

10 hours ago, espo said:

I have used the early 3x2 set up from the AMT '64 GTO kit on the '62 Cataline engine and they fit perfectly. I know that's different but I think with very little finessing the 2x4 set up should work. 

Thanks espo... ☺️

Here are a few mock up photos with the Ram Air finished and we finally got a break in the weather here so I was able to get another coat of paint on her. Next will be the deacals then some clear to finish the body.

3836DE61-CA35-4486-B19F-448CDBA4192D.jpeg

6F4E4BCC-32BA-4C6C-AA32-6A982CD6E3CB.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad

• 1 month later...

Well I have finally got a little time in on the Goat and I have shot a few coats of clear on her and I have the interior assembled. I'm not sure yet on how far I will go on the detail of the carbs yet since the scratch built ram air pan will be covering up most of the carbs. I have all the front suspension painted but not detailed yet and I still need to detail the rims also.IMG_2493.thumb.JPG.28a755562e539262aa3ca98ce0970047.JPGIMG_2494.thumb.JPG.d2acbd701417b55897d8c8ebc9f1fdb0.JPG

Edited by Metalmad

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been slow but I have started the foiling which is not one of my strong points but it has to be done. I have also add ribbon material to the air cleaners to replicate the the filter elements and I have also started to run the spark plug wires. This build is far from perfect but I do learn from one build to the next. 

IMG_2512.JPG

Edited by Metalmad

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got back on the Goat this past week and I have applied the side stripe decals then a few coats of clear to the body which will need to be polished out a bit then I shortened the length of the ram air pan that sits under the carbs because it just didn't look right to me. So next on my to do list will be to tackle the foiling which I hope to get to sometime this weekend and Is really not one of my favorite things to do so we will see how it goes and I will also want to paint the engine bay and inner fenders semi black this weekend.

IMG_3859.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG

IMG_3858.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

Edited by Metalmad