Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966 GTO 2/10/19

Metalmad

On 6/26/2020 at 6:27 PM, bisc63 said:

For someone that doesn't like foiling, you sure as heck did it RIGHT! Very realistic finishes, and agree with the others; that color is perfect for that car. Congrats on a clean build.

I have to agree. The foiling looks perfect. No mistakes here that I could see. 

Thank you Tom !  Well I have the glass installed and rear view mirror so I  will start the final assembly but first I detailed the windshield washer bottle which is now installed and  then next will be the battery . I'm also thinking of toning down the brightness of the chrome plating on the windshield wiper arms before installing them because they just look a little to bright to me so I'll try toning down a piece of the chrome tree to see how they would look toned down a bit.

IMG_4352.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

To tone down the chrome trim consider using either Tamiya Panel Line or X-19 Smoke paint. I'll use just a dab of the paint on any details on the wipers and use your finger or Q-Tip to wipe away the part you don't want. 

Thank you for the tips on toning down the chrome David.

Well I have started the final assembly which the interior is installed ....chassie is mated to the body  coolant hose's attached and wheels attached . So next will be the windshield wiper arms, driver outside rear view mirror, outer door handles and I also need to secure the front and rear bumpers plus I still need to touch up the bumpers with molotow and also molotow the pontiac scrip between the rear tail lights and the door locks. 

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4359.JPG

IMG_4360.JPG