Model Cars Magazine Forum

David Pearson 1961 Pontiac

jjsipes

Since hearing about his death, I took to my model stash and dug this one out. I've had it in the works for a while now but, I haven't had much time to work on it. I made some time last night to work on it. Getting it closer to being completed.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by jjsipes

17 minutes ago, Nitrobarry said:

What is the interior color? I`m doing the same car.

It's been a while since I painted it but, I'm pretty sure it was Dupli-color Autumn Maple Met. I also used a darker red on some of the interior but do not recall what that was other than a Dupli-color. Then I used Tamiya Semi-Gloss clear on all of it.

Made headlight covers and had to trim some of the kit headlight buckets to get it close to reference pictures. Grille didnt fit well, had to modify the fender lip and ground out some on top of bumper where it wraps around the corner. Made an overflow and filler neck from aluminum tubing and used the kit supplied taillight covers. Windows just set in place for now to double check the fitment. Had to work on window channels, front and rear, to get windows to fit better.

20181128_185630.jpg

20181128_184658.jpg

20181128_185623.jpg

20181128_185650.jpg

• 2 years later...