Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Dodge Charger - New year update

Tyler62990

Since I don't have enough on my plate already, I decided to go for another helping and start another project. I chose the F&F 70 Charger for this one. I honestly can't stand the movies, but who doesn't love a blown Mopar? That being said, it won't be Dom's car, but rather a "what if" straight liner. You'll see what I mean further down the road.

Anyway, this is where I'm at right now. I have the body prepped and painted and waiting for clear. Since I can't get my camera to capture the color correctly,  the color is Hemi Orange from Model Master with a white primer engine bay. Along with that, I have a few subassemblies primed and ready for paint. Should have an update tomorrow, or maybe even later tonight if all goes to plan.

IMG_20181017_051208120.jpg

IMG_20181127_173101246.jpg

IMG_20181127_173117264.jpg

Edited by Tyler62990

Got a little detail picked out on the chassis and some subassemblies painted up last night. I don't know how I missed the branding on the underside of the chassis, but by the time I noticed it, it was already painted. Hopefully the rear and suspension either hides it or at least draws attention away from it.

IMG_20181201_203724185.jpg

IMG_20181201_203632359.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So here's where I'm at for today. Well, so far anyway. I'm trying to get this one wrapped up for the last build of 2018, so if I really grind on it and all goes well, I just may get this done and clog this post up over the next two days. 

Anyway, I got the engine done with the exception of the blower hat and linkage. I had to kick the belt forward a bit so the alternator would clear the dual distributors, so here's to hoping final assembly goes to plan. Otherwise, this one may be running without a fan shroud. Weight reduction, right?

I also tried my hand at making a racing harness from strips of Tamiya tape and plastic strips. It doesn't look nearly as good as the photoetch stuff, but it should add a little interest to an interior that will probably be difficult to see anyway. Gotta love modeling on a tight budget lol.

IMG_20181230_101833654.jpg

IMG_20181230_101608490.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 12:40 AM, Sledsel said:

Looks good in red and the seats and belts look great IMO. Love the paint detailing.

Did you do anything with the roll bar? in the box art it looks way too low.

Thank you! No, I just popped it in there. I had a look at the box, and it does seem rather low, but it looks fine when you build it. It wouldn't be the first time Revell screwed up the box art lol.