Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Golf GTI, Mk1. “Silver”, Revell

Zoom

They are nice kits, lots of parts and definitely capture the character of the car.  You've done a nice job on yours!

Here's a couple of the same kit that I have built, the second has been modified to represent a later Mk1 Golf GTI.  They've now released the later variant (which I have on order) but it would be great if Revell released a four door version - then I could do a replica of my first car, a 1983 GL.

TwoGTIs.jpg

12 hours ago, Jim Whalen said:

They are nice kits, lots of parts and definitely capture the character of the car.  You've done a nice job on yours!

Here's a couple of the same kit that I have built, the second has been modified to represent a later Mk1 Golf GTI.  They've now released the later variant (which I have on order) but it would be great if Revell released a four door version - then I could do a replica of my first car, a 1983 GL.

TwoGTIs.jpg

Yours look very nice too, Jim. The antenna rods appear to be a bit thickish though?

4 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Yours look very nice too, Jim. The antenna rods appear to be a bit thickish though?

Thanks Tommy!  Yes, the antennas are a bit thick, they were built for a magazine and the editor didn't want too much done to the kits (the red one was virtually a box stock build except for the bumpers and registration plates).  If I was building one for myself and thinking about contests I'd use guitar string, stretched sprue or something similar.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:26 PM, Jim Whalen said:

TwoGTIs.jpg

Does the Revell kit come with a LHD dash as well as a RHD?