Model Cars Magazine Forum

Marmon Conventional

yes Jim it has a peterbilt grill on the trees, it comes with a 3 piece hood and separate grill for the marmon. the chrome on the fenders is so heavy it has runs. I guess marmon had a knack of using peterbilt trucks. kinda funny they were both in Denton Texas. I suppose this could represent a late model before their closing.

DSC01901.JPG

DSC01903.JPG

DSC01902.JPG

Looking forward to seeing this come together, I am currently using this kit as the donner chassis for my MARMON cabover, I was wondering if you know exactly which Cummins engine it is in the kit?  must be from the early seventies at a guess (twin turbo ? )

I hav'nt been able to find any photo's of the real thing without the exact spec, anyway good luck with the build.

Well it's not the plating that's running, it's the clear undercoat that's sprayed on way too thick wich is quite a common problem on Revell AG kits, the shiny plating itself is aluminum vapour and is very thin.

The Cummins engine in this and many other of REVELL AG trucks is a NTC 475 Twin Turbo from late 70's to mid 80's.

Edited by Force

That chrome/run issue is horrible.  At least it is in capable hands to fix. 

I've considered building a Marmon  using the ih 4300 or paystar cab since it seems closer to the real thing  .

Fyi   There was a Marmon owners association at one time.  Aths.org may have a lead or link but I haven't checked.  Rare birds anymore with a cult like following it seems. Neat little operation with a very interesting history.   

too bad revell didn't buy frank gortsema's master and make the real thing , which i'm sure everybody knows is still available from aitm. always liked them , high quality hand built rigs. maybe all the 1/25 mechanics in ken's shop will fabricate a more realistic cab , lord knows they have all the tools.

Edited by mailman

• 11 months later...