Model Cars Magazine Forum

Batman Cobra . Not good

cobraman

Trouble after trouble . Tried to so something different with paint and it was a fail . Could not strip due to putty . Truthfully I just wanted it done . Not the outcome I was wanting and was not going to bother to post but what the heck . Good for a laugh if nothing else . You have my permission to laugh . Not that you need it . 

330D6318-6F5A-49BA-9E18-EA879692ACE1.jpeg

0A42BD1D-5EB6-4A40-8256-8D234D3C8913.jpeg

97041C34-74C5-4D80-A6AE-EBD26BDCF118.jpeg

7798D16C-2C89-42D4-BF8A-6ACC8748D144.jpeg

6A5AF200-BCCA-4E0F-A1DA-AD7B23ECE14A.jpeg

0F3BBA63-1C5E-41D1-96C3-C1979857DD92.jpeg

Not knowing the pains you suffered, it still looks good to me. I had troubles in the past with black paint as well. Gloss black Tamiya, decanted and airbrushed, or sprayed out of a warmed can has not disappointing yet. I've given up on all other gloss black paints for consistency. I've only used Plasti-cote as a primer so far, grey and white both worked.

Seriously, Ray, its not that bad at all...great concept....great execution, you tried a paint technique that let YOU down, and  I still like it!, the only thing I woulda done was to put bigger tyres in the rear to fill-in the wheel wells, and make it look meaner.

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 5:25 AM, tmb727 said:

You got it done.  Another cool build on the shelf.  What's not to like?  As Snake would say:  "Well done and model on!"

well said!

Ray, i had also Trouble with the paint and was afraid to Strip it becaus the putty. but, i used brakefluid and all putty, styrene stayed there were it was. perhaps as reminder for the next "mistake". your BadCobra is not a mistake. there are a lot of crappy builts in the world of plastic - yours is it defently not!