Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moving, Packing up "The Dukes of Hazzard"

mchook

We have been in this double wide for about 20 years and now it's time to say goodbye. We aren't moving to a different location just removing this house & replacing it with a brand new one. OMG how did we accumulate so much stuff!!! I know I have a big collection of model stuff & my Dukes of Hazzard collection but I didn't realize how much shtuff is crammed into every tiny spot in this house. I've been packing Dukes stuff for 2 days & I'm tired of doing it already, I'm tempted to start listing it all on ebay just to get rid of it. Anyway, it's back to packing, I'm sorry I had to vent for a minute, here's just some of my Dukes collection I'm packing. 

I forgot, please don't be offended by all the Confederate flags, it's just a collection of old toys.

My Dukes collection 004.JPG

My Dukes collection 007.JPG

My Dukes collection 010.JPG

My Dukes collection 013.JPG

My Dukes collection 016.JPG

My Dukes collection 019.JPG

My Dukes collection 022.JPG

My Dukes collection 025.JPG

My Dukes collection 028.JPG

My Dukes collection 030.JPG

My Dukes collection 037.JPG

I didn't know it was so commercialized.  And it's a sad state of affairs that you *need to* apologize for a stupid flag, people need to stop getting outraged over stupid things.

Where do old mobile homes go to die?  I know any prior to a certain date can't be resold and relocated.

16 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Stupid PC protesters! And it wasn't even an offensive show.

According to the PC crowd, we are supposed to forget large swaths of our American history because certain symbols of it might be "offensive" to some.

It hasn't always been pretty, as with any country, but it is our history.

It's funny how you will see some of these same pin headed "activists" walking around with Che Guevera, Fidel Castro & Mao Zedong t-shirts.

I guess it's perfectly acceptable to support Marxist dictators & mass murderers, but God forbid that a Robert E Lee statue should exist.

Their goal seems to be to completely revise American history.

Anybody ever heard of 1984?

It doesn't seem all that far fetched to me anymore.

Sorry to get on the soap box, but this stuff drives me nuts!!

Steve

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

According to the PC crowd, we are supposed to forget large swaths of our American history because certain symbols of it might be "offensive" to some.

It's funny how you will see some of these same pin headed "activists" walking around with Che Guevera, Fidel Castro & Mao Zedong t-shirts.

I guess it's perfectly acceptable to support Marxist dictators & mass murderers, but God forbid that a Robert E Lee statue should exist.

Steve

X2.

Very cool collection of Dukes stuff! For what it's worth, I got so fed up a few years ago when this whole thing blew up (and they took the reruns off TV), I painted up my daily driver in protest. Surprise, surprise...I got compliments and thumbs up  (pretty sure they were thumbs) everywhere I went. FYI, that's all just rolled on house paint from Wal Mart...didn't want to spend a fortune on it, but it came out ok.

20150711_084356.jpg

20150712_185138.jpg

20150712_184825.jpg

20150712_185220.jpg

20150712_145101.jpg

I have an aunt that lives in a double wide, she and her late second husband bought it when he retired from the USPS in Sacramento and moved back to Iowa back in the 90's.  It is actually pretty nice and if you were lead into the place blindfolded, you would have a difficult time telling what it is!

4 hours ago, AMC ROB said:

Very cool collection of Dukes stuff! For what it's worth, I got so fed up a few years ago when this whole thing blew up (and they took the reruns off TV), I painted up my daily driver in protest. Surprise, surprise...I got compliments and thumbs up  (pretty sure they were thumbs) everywhere I went. FYI, that's all just rolled on house paint from Wal Mart...didn't want to spend a fortune on it, but it came out ok.

20150711_084356.jpg

20150712_185138.jpg

20150712_184825.jpg

20150712_185220.jpg

20150712_145101.jpg

Looks cool. Take it on any sweet jumps?

Yee Haw!!!

22 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Where do old mobile homes go to die?  I know any prior to a certain date can't be resold and relocated.

I don't know about other ones, but I know this one has a date with an excavator & some roll offs.;)

21 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Steve

I hear ya!

18 hours ago, AMC ROB said:

Thanks, I love your car. I have a 1:1 70 Charger with plans for a General Lee clone.

Thanks to everyone else who commented. This double wide is from 1984 so it's worn out. I know that these types of homes have a bad rap but it's what we can afford. We looked into having a stick built house but that was way to pricey. The "Modular Homes" are built the same as the double wide but cost almost $100,000 more because they remove the wheels & axles & it needs a basement. Not to mention a with a "Mobile Home" our taxes stay cheaper too, New York taxes are nuts! The new one we picked is so nice it even has full attic. When we get it in I''l get some pics, it's really nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 3:57 PM, AMC ROB said:

20150711_084356.jpg

20150712_185138.jpg

20150712_184825.jpg

20150712_185220.jpg

20150712_145101.jpg

Beautiful job on your car! And it's great that some people aren't offended by it. At least in Vermont it is still possible to find SOME of those open minded folks.............................for a while at least!

On 12/1/2018 at 7:29 AM, mchook said:

please don't be offended by all the Confederate flags, it's just a collection of old toys.

I'm not offended by the flag, but I am OFFENDED by Coy and Vance (the second Duke boys). That's when the show "jumped the shark".

Mark - BTW, if you're interested in trading, there are some things there that I wouldn't mind having. 

Pm me if you'd like.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2018 at 10:29 AM, mchook said:

We have been in this double wide for about 20 years and now it's time to say goodbye. We aren't moving to a different location just removing this house & replacing it with a brand new one. OMG how did we accumulate so much stuff!!! I know I have a big collection of model stuff & my Dukes of Hazzard collection but I didn't realize how much shtuff is crammed into every tiny spot in this house. I've been packing Dukes stuff for 2 days & I'm tired of doing it already, I'm tempted to start listing it all on ebay just to get rid of it. Anyway, it's back to packing, I'm sorry I had to vent for a minute, here's just some of my Dukes collection I'm packing. 

I forgot, please don't be offended by all the Confederate flags, it's just a collection of old toys.

My Dukes collection 004.JPG

My Dukes collection 007.JPG

My Dukes collection 010.JPG

My Dukes collection 013.JPG

My Dukes collection 016.JPG

My Dukes collection 019.JPG

My Dukes collection 022.JPG

My Dukes collection 025.JPG

My Dukes collection 028.JPG

My Dukes collection 030.JPG

My Dukes collection 037.JPG

I live about 20 minutes from here. https://cootersplace.com/cooters-luray-va/ and about 30 minutes from where the Walton's was filmed