Model Cars Magazine Forum

WINNERS POLL for Cannonball Run 2018 CBP

Lunajammer

Welcome to the poll that decides who wins the coast-to-coast Cannonball Run (Sea to Shining Sea Trophy Dash).

Please click HERE (Completed Racers thread) to take a look at all the beauty shots of the finishers and read what they have to say about their projects, then click below to enter the voting booth.        All forum members are invited to vote.

• CLICK HERE TO VOTE •

Remember to finalize your vote by clicking "VOTE" at the bottom of the polling page. 

Edited by Lunajammer

I hear ya my man, but the onsite poll was grossly inadequate; too complicated, biased against models at the bottom of the list and had no securities against multiple votes. I talked it over with Rob and our site administrator and the consensus was to go with a reliable tool. The polling feature is always evolving, so if participants want to bring it back to this site next year, we'll keep it in the family. But we'll revisit this next fall. 

Thanks Mike. I think this will do fine. Nice work, as usual.

We did move from the SA forums after they nixed the poll function there, but it was far from the only reason. If the site admin here, can make this one more user friendly for next year, we will certainly play in our own yard.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:29 PM, zenrat said:

Ah, OK.  So it's not that we can't poll here, just that if we do it's open to electoral tampering from Australia overseas.

:D

Having all your family make forum accounts to vote for you would indeed qualify as electoral tampering. But I doubt the FBI will get in a twist over it. :lol:

So I found the voting to be a challenge this year, and then I totally overthought the process.

I looked at the kits and based my decision on a few things.

First, I thought about how much thought went into the build. That wasn't enought to help me make my decision, because all of these were obviously the result of some serious brainstorming sessions...and in many cases, some mind altering substances of some description.

Second, I looked at build quality. Again, couldn't decide based on that because all of these features some decent engineering, and everything looked "right" to me.

Third, I just looked at what I liked. Again, there were several that jumped out at me, so that couldn't be my deciding factor.

Fourth, I looked at it from a realism point of view. Could the car actually finish a Cannonball Race? 

Ultimately, I took all of the above into account, narrowed it down to a couple, and just picked the one I felt was the coolest build. 

:)

Final Bump. This years competition ends tonight. I will announce the winner tomorrow morning. A big thanks to the excellent builders that participate in this CBP and make it so fun every year. Thanks also to the people that voted. This year we had the most voters of any run to date and it is greatly appreciated.