Model Cars Magazine Forum

'56 Vicky.

Lovefordgalaxie

Just finished. 

Paint is Tamiya TS-64 dark mica blue, used to represent Ford color Nocturne Blue. 

Two part clear, home made foil, and some of mine rubber resin tires.

Antenna was made with a couple of hypodermic needles, and the mirror is a resin copy of the piece that comes with the Revell '57 Ford kit. 

It was supposed to be a hot rod, with a supercharged engine, and Cragar wheels, but in the mock up stage, I did the mistake of also teting the factory wheel covers, and wide whitewall tires, and the Cragars had no chance anymore. Reverted the engine to a bone stock 312 V8, but kept the set of under dash gauges, just for fun. 

Hope you guys like it.

Here is the build thread:

1956 Ford Fairlane 003 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 005 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 007 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 009 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 012 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 014 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 015 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 016 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 019 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 025 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 027 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 036 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 040 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 041 copy.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane 045 copy.jpg

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie
Link added for the build thread on the work bench section

Another beautiful looking Ford for your garage. I followed your build and agree that adding a link might help someone who didn't see what all you have done better appreciate your build. In the photos the Blue is so dark that unless you view the photos showing the metallic in the paint you would think it is Black. 

17 hours ago, BigTallDad said:

Another awesome build!

Might I suggest including a link to the "On The Workbench" thread so others can see how you did this?

Thanks!! Link added!!

17 hours ago, cobraman said:

Yup, another knockout !

Thanks Ray!!

5 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Another nice and clean build, Túlio! I love that paint job! Often, those ´56 Fords were painted two-tone, but this dark blue all over looks perfect!

Danke Sagen!!

I think the single tone option, specially with dark colors, makes those cars to look even better. Somewhat more aggressive.

5 hours ago, peekay said:

Another lovely classic Ford from your bench Tulio.

So glad you opted for your own excellent whitewalls and dropped the Cragars.

Thanks Peter!! Even tough I really like Cragar SS wheels, they had no chance once I compared the looks with the proper '56 Ford rolling stock. Bad part is, I'm officially out of tires. Have to make more...

5 hours ago, donb said:

Nice choice with the colors Tulio. It is a beauty.

Thanks!!

5 hours ago, Scalper said:

nice work... love the trim on the back. nice paint.

Thanks!! Do you refere to the black bits? Those are decals I made on Photoshop, and printed on clear decal paper.

4 hours ago, espo said:

Another beautiful looking Ford for your garage. I followed your build and agree that adding a link might help someone who didn't see what all you have done better appreciate your build. In the photos the Blue is so dark that unless you view the photos showing the metallic in the paint you would think it is Black. 

Thanks!! Link added!! 

The color is way dark, I took outside pictures today, but it's kind of cloudy, and even with natural light it still looks black on some pictures. 

4 hours ago, Renegade said:

Another great build. Wish I could lay down paint the way you do.

Thanks!!! Very appreciated. 

On 12/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, ATHU said:

Looks fantastic, excellent work as always Tulio!!

Thanks!!

23 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Stunning as usual!

Thank you!!

21 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Very nice well executed build!!

Thanks!!

12 hours ago, Dominik said:

excellent work - love the fine metallic you've painted. A Beauty!

Thanks!! It's Tamiya TS-64 dark mica blue. Very close to the actual Ford color Nocturne Blue, from the 1956 model year.

11 hours ago, vintagercr said:

Very nice build as usual

Thank you!!

10 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

Beautiful! Fantastic paint and color 

Thank you!!!! 

9 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Very nice!!

Thanks!! Appreciated.

I like this 1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria build of yours Tulio, and as someone already said, these cars would usually be two tone paint but the single colour dark blue looks beautiful. The original stock wheels are the right choice for this Victoria and your handmade tyres are brilliant..... how do you make those?

David

15 hours ago, mrmike said:

Looks great !  Love the color and the finish!  

Thanks Mike. You was responsible for me building it, I just deviated from the rod theme a bit, LOL. 

Can't wait to see your done. 

15 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

I like this 1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria build of yours Tulio, and as someone already said, these cars would usually be two tone paint but the single colour dark blue looks beautiful. The original stock wheels are the right choice for this Victoria and your handmade tyres are brilliant..... how do you make those?

David

Thanks David. The tires are made in two parts. Regular white resin wide whitewalls, and rubber resin in black for the tires. I have kind of a tutorial on Flickr, but due to changes on Flickr they will delete most of my pictures in February. 

14 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Gorgeous build and so SHINY  :D:D:D.  I bet it would really pop with an outdoor sunny pic.

Thanks Jim!!

5c0df12b15195_1956Ford006.thumb.JPG.14c60935cf10fb48935869d43464c006.JPG