Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford Custom

James2

If you saw this one on the "Workbench" you'll know I started is about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I call it Slow Roll'n Low (You'll can look up the meaning of the phrase).

Waylon Jennings is one of my favorite artists and I thought this build would make a quick shelf model and kind of break up the monotony.

I started with parts from two Revell 40 Ford standards and some spare parts laying around. I plan was to use the Silver Leaf as a base for candy blue, but after seeing it on the body I decided to keep it. The manifold for the Blower was made by modifying a stock piece. And the belts were just adjusted to fit. Molotow Chrome was used for touch up and painting the smaller pieces. The tail lights are from a 63 Corvette...

2v2EuhHyVxAghwd.jpg2v2EuhH5hxAghwd.jpg2v2EuhHrLxAghwd.jpg2v2EuhH8WxAghwd.jpg

Very cool '40 Ford! These cars have a great potential for several different building styles. But it's always nice to see a Taildragger like this one. Very nice work with the body mods and from what I can see, the engine looks pretty good too. Nice work as usual.

I enjoyed following your build on this and it looks amazing. For me the most impressive part of the body was how you chopped the top. All of the body lines flow so well you just don't realize at first glance everything that was done. 

I think it looks perfect like that!!  The silver color has a bit of matte

look to it that really makes it pop!

And one thing is for sure, if you would have had any body work

that didn't quite make the mark, there would be no hiding it under

that smooth, beautiful silver!?!   I so very much love this car you

surgically mastered here Rooster!!

And everyone loves a Flat Head motor, right!?!  ;)

David S.