Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Tudor Sedan Resto-Rod

Bernard Kron

DSCF6839-web.jpg
’32 Ford Tudor Resto-Rod
(more photos below)

A basic, straightforward project based on the Revell ’32 Ford Sedan kit and inspired by a photograph in The Rodders Journal of John Kokoska’s full-fendered black Deuce Tudor. The idea was to do a full-on resto-rod, taking advantage of the many stock details included in the Revell kit and yet including some hot-rod style elements as well. Among the most significant changes is the scale 2 ½” chopped top, mild but effective in giving the car a lower, longer-nosed set of proportions. The kit suspension was lowered an additional 3 scale inches as well. And of course the ’37 Ford truck “artillery” wheels (courtesy of Revellogram) and tires as seen on the Kokoska car, combined with the lowered stance, fill the wheel wells for a classic hot rod look. The kit small-block Ford V8 received a set of Holley triples courtesy of BNL Resins. Paint is Duplicolor Black lacquer on the chassis and fenders and Tamiya TS-11 Maroon. The rest is from the base Revell kit.

Thanx for lookin’,
B.

DSCF6841-web.jpg
DSCF6829-web.jpg
DSCF6834-web.jpg
DSCF6838-web.jpg
Interior-web.jpg
DSCF6845-web.jpg

The Kokoska Tudor in TRJ:
Kokoska-Tudor-TRJ-web.jpg

Thanks to you all for the generous reception. I'm glad you all enjoyed the results. Other than the chop this was supposed to be a no-drama near-OOB project. But the final 10%fought me to a standstill. The small detail parts like the tailight brackets, the door handles, cowl lights, even larger parts like the bumpers, just wouldn't ho;d still and took repeated trips to the carpet monster. Fortunately, other than the fog lamp which required my making a second version, somehow I managed to find them all.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:03 PM, mod3l Lover said:

The steel wheels are cool Bernard!!  Are they the 37 Ford

pick up wheels?  Either way, what a great look!!

And I love the amber driving light too!!

David S.

Yes, the wheels and front tires are from the various Revellogram '37 Ford truck and van kits. The rear tires are Herb Deeks bias ply truck tires, my Old Skool hot rod rear tires of choice. They're slightly larger in diameter than the fronts and resulted in the rubber rake the car has.

Edited by Bernard Kron

7 minutes ago, mod3l Lover said:

Thanks for the reply Bernard!!  Does Herb still make those tires?

I think that I thought he was not doing anything like that anymore!?!?

That look is just perfect for Hot Rods, that's for sure!!

David S.

Yes he does. I buy my year's supply each year from him at the NNL West but he offers them on eBay as well - with Free Shipping, even. Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-32-1-35-1-24-NEW-Real-Rubber-2-Axle-Dual-vintage-LOOK-6pk/160596179365?hash=item25644739a5:g:NBkAAMXQQANREmQz

s-l1600.jpg