Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lennie Pond Pepsi Chevelle - built 30 years ago

<profile removed>

Here's another one I built about 30 years ago. It is quite crude and innacurate, I realize, but it's held up ok and, to me, represents a fond moment in time. Cannonball Run kit, basically box stock, pretty sure those are Monogram wheels and tires. Haven't a clue who did the decals. They are starting to flake off, though I did find another unused set in the box, so I may restore.  I also used pinstripe tape for the front bumper. As I recall, the kit bumper stuck out too far and the actual race car seemed to have more of a "rub strip" than an actual bumper. Looking at it now just makes me laugh. And yes, yes that really is a piece of window screen wrapped in pinstripe tape for a window net. This was built in the day before the aftermarket was so...available, so I did the best I could with what I had.

DSCN0371.JPG

DSCN0372.JPG

DSCN0373.JPG

DSCN0374.JPG

DSCN0376.JPG

Edited by AMC ROB

11 minutes ago, bbowser said:

Nice!  I always really liked this body style.  Did you do something to tone down the chrome rims, they look great!?

Thanks,  I'd like to say "yes" I did something really cool and technical with the wheels, but no, the Monogram chrome trees in the 90's (like the Lumina) had more of a satin finish than shiny chrome that came with the 80s kits.

• 2 weeks later...