Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gatorade Chevelle and Regal - Built 30 years ago

<profile removed>

I guess this will do for today. A couple more old builds from "the archives". I'm sure some of you are wondering why someone would post such cruddy builds. Well, I think there is a little charm in how naive these are. Certainly not up to today's standards, but awesome sitting on a shelf as a reminder of mis-spent youth. Really glad I found this box and shudder to think how many more went to the dump. Basically box stock with Fred Cady decals that have yellowed over time. I guess I was pretty proud of having found aftermarket decals back in the day so I could build something that was different  (compared to box stock offerings)  Suppose you could call these "survivors." Thanks for looking! Love to see other's old NASCAR builds. I know there's survivor posts in other topics. Cheers!

DSCN0377.JPG

DSCN0379.JPG

DSCN0381.JPG

DSCN0383.JPG

On 12/8/2018 at 9:12 AM, Old Coyote said:

Great looking builds sir ..... I definitely wouldn't call them "cruddy" ..... both are very nicely done.

Thank you! I know that compared to those who do full plumbing, wiring, photo etch, etc, these must seem too "simple", but considering their age, and the number of times they have been moved or put up in storage, I'm just pleased I didn't end up with a box of parts ?