Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clearly Scale

Jeremy is battling some very serious health problems right now that have had him in and out of the hospital and without a computer for extended periods of time. His stuff is beautiful, the above post is honestly the ONLY issue I've ever heard of with missing parts....I have ALLOT of his stuff including multiple engine sets and his Hell Cat conversion, all is incredible.

I placed an order with him about 10 weeks ago. Have tried contacting him twice recently with no response. Never even got a "your order has been received" email, just the Paypal reciept. I would not order from Clearly Scale until his health problems are behind him.

Someone should alter the web site to not take orders while he is ill. (He must have someone to do this if he can't.) By leaving the web site as it (taking orders), it is damaging his reputation as most people probably won't know what is happening. Plus it is unfair for him to receive that money from other folks Paypal accounts without delivering in a timely fashion.

I've heard he has a US distributor. I'm speculating here, but because of his health issues, I would guess he hasn't been making product, which means the distributor may not have the inventory you want. 

Anyway, once he does get healthy and gets things back up and running, I heartily endorse his product. I've bought a lot of items from Clearly Scale, and it is all very high quality. I will order again for sure!

On 12/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I've heard he has a US distributor. I'm speculating here, but because of his health issues, I would guess he hasn't been making product, which means the distributor may not have the inventory you want. 

Anyway, once he does get healthy and gets things back up and running, I heartily endorse his product. I've bought a lot of items from Clearly Scale, and it is all very high quality. I will order again for sure!

18 hours ago, Rusty92 said:

modelbuilderswh.com offers some of his stuff. Seems like most of it is out of stock. But I highly recommend that website to buy stuff.

Yup. The above reseller was at a recent show here, and I purchased several items from his remaining stock. First rate product, and first rate seller.

I hope the guy gets well. He sure makes nice stuff.

1 hour ago, John Pol said:

A question ok maybe he has health issues if his health issues are so bad how can he cash all who pays him for the prodect just my 2 cents

I doubt there's much "cashing in". Most aftermarket businesses these days have an automated website and/or Paypal. So if someone hasn't disabled the website from taking orders and people sending him money it's probably just sitting in an account somewhere. If he's sick he may not even be aware it's sitting there.

But, someone should disable the websites ability to take orders

Clearly Scale is so so as far as a business. I ordered things from him once about two years ago, before his illness. Communication from him was pathetic at best, and had to get PayPal involved when 3 months went by with no response from him. All of a sudden he woke up and got indignant. I found what I needed on ebay and never bothered with him again. Not worth the aggravation.

I ordered his V12 LS engine and it was really nice. It did take a while but I don't think it was three months. Maybe two though, but I expected that because he states on his site that orders take 3 weeks to produce depending on when the order was placed, then shipping over the border to his second party mailer, then U.S. handling and shipping.

As far as collecting money; when you pay via Paypal they don't collect until the vendor says they shipped it. So if someone is collecting via PP and there's no one producing product then there is an issue.

I have said it before, resin casters don't communicate well, and I don't think many have a system for prioritizing orders by first come first served so some orders fall through the cracks as I have experienced. Even from some reputable casters.

Some casters say that it takes away production time to send emails. What's a customer to do? They need to notify us in some way that there is an issue, and how many weeks they are behind. Maybe in a mass mailing.

My two cents anyway.

I've ordered from clearly scale at least 4 times now, and while I hear nothing until it arrives then I usually get an email to check my items have arrived safely and I will be ordering again once he's well and back at it. It may take a while to arrive but I think the parts are worth it. I know I'll be getting more of his vw engines and probably the bumper conversion for the olds 442 chow car.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...