Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford pickup street rod

Still working on my model room so here's another old build. Hope no one minds.;)

Thought this would be a good one to re-post as the kit's being re-released soon. 

This is actually a re-build of an AMT release from the late '60s or early '70s. 

Pretty strait forward build. I like my hot rods to have factory stock bodys so not many mods on this one. I did mount the headlights directly to the fenders instead of to a headlight bar and added a second tail light. The kit only came with a driver's side light, which would have been correct for a factory stock build. The box was slightly tubbed to clear the wider Revell tires and keep them inside the fenders.

Paint is HOK Pagen Gold with generic black lacquer. The flame separation was masked and the black pinstrip around the flames is freehand. The wood box floor is a hand painted faux-finish. Interior is box stock. 

The wheels are copies of the ones in the first issue Revell '32 Ford roadster I cast in resin and finished with Alclad with Revell tires.

Engine is from the AMT '32 Victoria kit with a parts box air cleaner. Coil was made from aluminum tube.

Thanks for looking.

130 3060

130 3061

130 3067

130 3062

130 3063

130 3068

130 3069