Model Cars Magazine Forum

el camino 68 "HAYDEN FLOUR MILL "

Tukkerdax

4 hours ago, Tukkerdax said:

Thanks Rob, nice abandoned building. impressive...

Yeah, it's stood empty for a long time on the busiest retail street (Mill Avenue) in downtown Tempe.  Lots of new development has been going on around it.   Sounds like there is a plan to re-develop it into a hotel w/ restaurant and retail space. 

Wow, I'm really impressed!  Love the color for the El Camino.  The vine is a nice touch, delicate.  The fact you live in the Netherlands, and have done something in Arizona, blows me away!  Now, the drive back to Indiana with that load, hope it didn't rain!  ;)

6 hours ago, Russell C said:

Amazingly realistic! Particularly entertaining because I could probably see the actual mill building from here if the trees and buildings weren't in the way. Biked across the new dam earlier this year, a glass jungle is rising around the mill these days.

5c11f7a1cf5b2_TTownLake18.JPG.b559e3e25f447989147172ce5c45f273.JPG

I used to work in the office tower closest to the bridge (corner of Mill & Rio Salado).   Also worked further down Mill and over off University. 

Eric...... the closer you get to look at this diorama, the more detail you can see. Well deserved first prize, and as another member commented, to produce such a good diorama of a real place in Arizona USA from your home country of Holland is not an easy thing to do.

David

On 13-12-2018 at 6:50 PM, GlueTube said:

Well done Sir! What did you use to replicate the stucco wall finish?

Regards

Brian Kroon

Thanks Brian, in fact it's the basical structure of the blue styreen plate itself... I only put 2 layers of acrylic paint on it mixed with  a little bit very fine sand.

Edited by Tukkerdax