Model Cars Magazine Forum

2018 Cannonball CBP - WINNER!

Jantrix

I'd like to congratulate DA_ASHMAN, aka Ashley Jones, on winning this years Cannonball Run. His remarkable and unique model pulled a record setting 39% of the votes. It's easy to see why. Please check out his Under Glass thread for more of this outstanding model. Congrats to Oldmopars for the most unusual Cannonballer yet built, his SD White Freightliner Septic truck in second place, and Fat Brian for his '77 Mustang II, in third place. Overall we had a great field of models, as diverse and unique as can be. Each worthy of an award. Well done.

2018_zpstjq6fdmk.jpg

Thanks Guys! Wow, I cant belive it! I'm so stoked & totally blown away!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this group build, a really great bunch of guys, some really great models, great concepts too!!! Really looking forward to getting stuck into my Pekang to Paris build & now Ive gotta come up with something Van related too!!!

Massive shout out to Jantrix for hosting & Lunajammer for the poll. Also a big thanks to the other entrants, seeing the anatomic corvette & septic truck come together really pushed me to do better. 

Thanks Again, Ash

I think being insprired and pushed to better work is one of the stong points of the Cannonball CBP. The supportive culture within the CBP even though it is a contest, is outstanding. For a long while, I've been a proponent that being eye catching at a contest, is just as important as build quality, when it comes to bringing home the trophys. Just looking at the past winners shows that innovation and out-of-the-box thinking will win when combined with quality workmanship. 

Ashley, outstanding work. The win is well deserved.

Gotta thank Oldmopars too as he's unwittingly inspired (along with Dom Delouise and my wife) my Vannonball build. Expect a commercial vehicle from L&R Motorsports next year.