Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car World Resin

I ordered some MCW bodies on November 27, not really expecting to see them until sometime after the first of the year, and they arrived TODAY, December 15! That is IME OUTSTANDING service from a resin supplier. :D

One of the things I got was his '65 Olds 4-4-2 kit. Have only had a quick look at it but it looks VERY nice--looks very buildable, unlike the one I bought from Resin Realm a few years back. Hope to get pics of it up soon. Now I think I can build all the Olds A-bodies from 1964 to 1972. Very cool! B)

Dave was also very easy to work with and good with communications. By contrast, at the same time I started talking to him about this, I also sent an email to Bandit Resin which so far has not been answered. Their website is up and they seem to be in business--does anyone know if they actually are? 

What was your shipping charge? I was going to pull the trigger on a Mopar; but, 18 bucks for a small kit is way too much.

Re Bandit Resin, same here. There are a number of AM guys who don't bother responding. Guess they're not interested in actually running a business. Dirt Modeler is another. Seven email inquiries and no response.

53 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

What was your shipping charge? I was going to pull the trigger on a Mopar; but, 18 bucks for a small kit is way too much.

Re Bandit Resin, same here. There are a number of AM guys who don't bother responding. Guess they're not interested in actually running a business. Dirt Modeler is another. Seven email inquiries and no response.

Yah, shipping was a pretty steep bite, but overall, I thought it was worth it, considering his prices, which aren't that bad compared to today's MSRP on even common kits. 

IF what I ordered had been available on eBay as restorable glue bombs of the relative rarity/desirability of, say, an AMT '66 Skylark or almost anything JoHan (which they're not), I'd have almost certainly spent AT LEAST what the MCW order cost me, shipping included. So IMHO I thought I got fair value for my hobby dollars. 

He makes a stock '64 Chevelle HT, but not a '65. If he'd offered a resin repop of the AMT Craftsman '65 Chevelle, I'd have ordered one of those, too. 

Edited by Snake45

Kenny has been injured and not able to get stuff done. He has great stuff, just have to be patient.

MCW Resin is really nice, I have a couple of pieces to finish. Not having the paint side of his business has helped Dave with getting stuff shipped much more quickly.

Edited by mikemodeler

I have to say I really like MCW over the years I have got a good 30 of his kits I like them and he is fast on shipping for resin and the quality is very good the shipping is a bit high but the product makes up for it. The only thing I do not like he still does all his orders by snail mail other then that he's got a great line up.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave Dodge at MCW has always been great to work with and has some really nice resin pieces. I used to deal with him personally at the Toledo shows a number of years back when he was still selling paints. I have some nice Mopar kits that I bought from him and it sure would be nice if I finished one. LOL! I have one that's I started a couple years ago but have a few other kits that I'm currently workin' on.

Best Resins , Illness there too IIRC .

old school .. SSAE 

TKM .. 

Ardvark  . 

Returned undelivered . No Forwarding . 

I've lost my good health . I have empathy .   Thanx 

Edited by dimaxion

That site you are referring to is for the paints/finishes only. Totally separate from the resin stuff. MCW Automotive Finishes was purchased by the owner of Wings Wheels and Waves, in Massilon, Ohio. It's stated on the MCW site:

Wings Wheels and Waves is now the proud owner of MCW Auto Finishes. Same great products and the same great service.

Check the order form. It clearly indicates NO RESIN. One still needs to go to the link I provided to order resin kits and such.

On 08/01/2019 at 12:30 PM, SfanGoch said:

That site you are referring to is for the paints/finishes only. Totally separate from the resin stuff. MCW Automotive Finishes was purchased by the owner of Wings Wheels and Waves, in Massilon, Ohio. It's stated on the MCW site:

Wings Wheels and Waves is now the proud owner of MCW Auto Finishes. Same great products and the same great service.

Check the order form. It clearly indicates NO RESIN. One still needs to go to the link I provided to order resin kits and such.

I was chatting to Michael Guest last night, he's a good friend of mine, I asked him to shed some light on this, yes he does own MCW Lacquer, and from this weekend he owns the resin side of the business as well, so use the link to the newer website, which is still being worked on.

https://mcwfinishes.com

Edited by GeeBee