Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEO's 1/64 1955 Diamond T 921 & 921B (trailers are my own)

traditional

Although these are quite tiny resin models, NEO has done an admirable job of proportion, detail, and finish.  I love '50s era integrated sleepercabs so the 921B was an absolute 'must have'.

Since NEO does not offer era appropriate highway trailers for their models, I wound up modifying some old '50s era Aurora kit trailers (I've collected many old glue-bombs of those trailers so that I'd never have to use one of their cool original kits).

I added the air and electrical tractor-to-trailer connections as my only modifications to the two NEO tractors.

The Diamond T 921B/ van represents a 30 foot reefer trailer that would be an interurban transport depicting a maximum length rig that could load and deliver in downtown settings.

The 921 with highway tanker represents a 36 foot tanker that wouldn't be required to deliver in congested urban settings. 

1-PC140383.JPG

1-PC140384.JPG

1-PC140387.JPG

1-PC090367.JPG

The green trailer is an original Aurora tanker trailer that I built and painted (from another glue-bomb' around 30 years ago). It looked too short to represent a highway trailer, so I modified one to look more appropriate.

Edited by traditional