Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

GeeBee

2 hours ago, David G. said:

Wow Geoff, you always have the best looking paintwork and your skills at applying the foil details are top-notch.

As a side note, I imagine that you have realized that your 57 Chevy looks a lot like the one on the Bare Metal Foil package.

s-l1600.jpg.b40019d8367dcdba0efeb240b42d240f.jpg

Regards,

David G.

Thanks David,  Painting and BMF are probably the two most things I enjoy doing on a model,  I knew something influenced my choice in the colour scheme. 

Bulkhead fitted along with the inner wings, all the parts were fitted to the bulkhead sometime ago, a little epoxy and UV resin got it fitted into place, the bodyshell fitted without any problems, a little epoxy resin applied on the locating pins on the front chassis legs and held in place with a few spring clamps while the epoxy cured.

20200907_114055.jpg

20200906_215139.jpg

20200906_215039.jpg

20200907_114116.jpg

20200906_215104.jpg

20200906_215118.jpg

3 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Looking great. I definitely want to try this newer release, the old version I did was fun but lacks a lot of detail.

Cheers Gareth, 

Luckily Amerang, the UK importer and distributors for Amt kits let me have 2 of them, I was going to use the other to convert into a 4 door using a resin body, I'm still trying to find one, there available in either white or red plastic,  seems they are like hens teeth to find this side of the pond.

I'm pretty sure this is the same kit, just an earlier release, 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164300838004

Edited by GeeBee

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

Cheers Gareth, 

Luckily Amerang, the UK importer and distributors for Amt kits let me have 2 of them, I was going to use the other to convert into a 4 door using a resin body, I'm still trying to find one, there available in either white or red plastic,  seems they are like hens teeth to find this side of the pond.

I'm pretty sure this is the same kit, just an earlier release, 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164300838004

Yeah, they're hard to find here. The version with the yellow chevy in the link is also impassible to find. 

On 9/11/2020 at 6:00 PM, TransAmMike said:

Continues to look great.  I can't wait to see if/when you get the hood to fit right LOL.  No matter how hard I tried on this kit I had to settle for ALMOST. Keep up the great work!!

So far so good, hopefully when I fit the front grille, it won't upset things...

20200912_214536.jpg

20200912_214523.jpg

Got the top and bottom radiator hoses fitted, I had to trim the locating pins down slightly,  the heater hoses seem impossible to get into place, I'm going to be using vinyl tubing to replicate these instead of the plastic items. 

20200912_214550.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Oh cool! I wouldn't mind grabbing them off your hands if you're not going to use them. Not too often you find optional skirts on '57 Chevy kits. 

PM me your postal address, I'll pop them in the post for you 

1 hour ago, David G. said:

I really like the way the interior looks through the windscreen. The light picks out the seat detailing quite nicely.

David G.

I'm glad Amt didn't put any side windows in the kit, it would be a shame to hide the interior 

• 2 weeks later...