Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fisher 2F Chaparral

Hooked on Chaparral

There is a  wired, detailed 427 tucked away in there, picture 2 shows the stacks peaking up through. I left the wheels magnesium instead of painting them aluminum per Paul's instruction, I just like that look a little better as far as realism. I also replaced all the molded in dzus fasteners and used photo etched (not sure whose, but not supplied) and exposed them though polishing, I also used IndyCal decals for the wheels. Instead of painting the dash and the wing edges I chose to use decal film, I wanted to make sure there would be no nasty paint edges involved. Please excuse the quality and size of my photos, I REALLY don't have this part down.

2F3.jpg

2F2.jpg

2F6.jpg

2F1.jpg

Edited by Hooked on Chaparral

5 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Very nice and clean and another one of my '60's road racer favorites! It's sad that we can get this kit no longer after what happened to Fisher Models (fires in CA), but you did this one justice and it's definitely worth being proud of!

X2.  Great work, those are not shake & bake kits.

I don't know about Fisher kits but guessing these are the type where you have to use all your skills to make a nice presentable model and you did that. Nice work and thanks for pointing out the details you added. I may not have noticed the extra effort you went through.

Thank you all for the comments. I appreciate them all very much. A couple more points, I reworked the firewall in the cab and even though its extremely  hard to see, I also added a correct roll bar, the radiators are photo etched,the "black" air discharge marking on the radiators is also decal, and thinned aluminum tubing for the exhaust dumps. These points are minor, but, still..... again thank you.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:45 AM, aurfalien said:

This kit, car and your work are a treasure.

Would you mind snapping some shots of the engine?

I do have an engine somewhere pretty sure you're  not going to like it. I have to look here somewhere. I have made it known I am not much on photos, basically before and after covers the extent of my photo work. 

IMAG0650951.jpg

7 minutes ago, Hooked on Chaparral said:

I do have an engine somewhere pretty sure you're  not going to like it. I have to look here somewhere. I have made it known I am not much on photos, basically before and after covers the extent of my photo work. 

IMAG0650951.jpg

Thank you for the photo, I think the engine looks very very cool.  Nice work!

Thanks Brian, sorry it's not the finished product if you look you can see in the second photo the stacks. I wanted to try something different and "stuff" an engine in there instead of the kit provided fake kit provided. On my next build I promise to photo the "power plant". George Folmers Javelin.

Edited by Hooked on Chaparral