Model Cars Magazine Forum

McLaren 570 S

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan, this is a good kit from ROG that can make a nice model even when built box-stock. Whereas I have seen some built and painted in quite exotic colors (such as pearlized purple... - and it looked good!), I like your color choice too. I'm just not quite sure about white wheels...? Do you plan on making the orange trim line on the bottom of the car? In that case, even orange wheels could look great along with that. Just saying... ;) Either way, I will be following your build.

Edited by Tommy124

• 1 month later...

Here's how I did my interior, and I have a suggestion for you, IF you plan to display it with "doors open".

Glue the inner and outer door parts together and fill the seam and THIN the edge before painting. This necessitates removing the pins that the side glass glues to, no problem, it'll drop in after and probably fit better! On mine, the finished product is a bit of a let down because of that door thickness and the gap between the inner and outer, plus the side glass doesn't sit down far enough, imo.

Cheers, great kit though!

IMG_6194A.jpg

IMG_6026.JPG

Edited by dino246gt

• 1 month later...