[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
DoctorLarry

Team Associates 73 Grand Am Nascar race Car

When you mention “nascar manual” I assume you are referring to a book. What would the title be so I could track a copy down.

I found a few pages on the internet:

fuel cell specifications.jpg

harness specifications.jpg

window net specifications.jpg

nascar handbook.jpg

Thank you Larry, I will have to track down this book somehow

I could not find a copy. The pages were on Cotton Owens' web site. He had a few pages. I looked on EBAY but could not find the actual manual.

I think it was actually the 1973 NASCAR Rule Book.

Began final work on this project. I got the body smoothed out and primed. Shot it with Dupli Color auto paint but was not happy with the finish so I re-shot it with Model Master black lacquer. I have a couple of things to finish on the chassis and finish the underside of the hood. After it cures a little I will wet sand and buff then Molotow and decals. Then on to the Minter Firebird.

GA painted 1.jpg

GA painted 2.jpg

GA painted 3.jpg

Good choice re-shooting with the Model Masters. Looks Awesome..

Getting near (I hope) to the end on this one.  I got some Molotow chrome on the window moldings, added the glass retaining straps and clips to the windows and put the trunk lid pins and clips in.  On the chassis I finally finished the 180 degree headers and am mocking up the tail pipes.  Made the shroud and carb plate for the hood.  There are a few more details to work out then clean and detail the body with decals. Then on to a hopefully shorter build next.

180 degree headers.jpg

carb plate.jpg

exhaust fit.jpg

Final Stages: Chassis done. I added the fuel fill and vent lines, chassis jacks, exhaust and trunk fill panel. Made a window net from gauze bandage and ribbon and added the hold down seat belt. Touched up the paint and it is ready for the body.

finished chassis 1.jpg

finished chassis 2.jpg

finished chassis 3.jpg

finished chassis 4.jpg

finished chassis 5.jpg

finished chassis 6.jpg