[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
ABC Auto Industry

What kind of engine does the AMT '79 Ford pickup have

6 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

I know the 300 I6 was not very popular in the F350, however if you ever see those stair trucks at the air port or at a military base, they had them as well as the fleet service (poop removal) trucks. I used to see a lot of F350 trucks in the military with the 300 I6. We even had those super short flight-line tugs with a 300 I6 in them and they are all F350 Duallies. Flight-line vehicle were limited to 15MPH, so speed was not an issue. In the civilian customer world, I don't think many were sold, but they could be had.

The 300 L6 was the base motor across the E and F series lines for years. It makes sense that the airlines would not spec an optional motor as it would cost more and not really give them much advantage considering their intended use. Those trucks tended to be in service for a long period of time ( I see some 80's models still in use today) so as long as they were durable, that's all that mattered.