Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes MP3 Ghost Busters edition

Ok, so there was never a Ghost Busters Edition of this truck, I got to the end of the build and the spot on the cab looked empty. So, I browsed my extra decals and these just jumped out at me.

So, here it is, it is build box stock minus the extra roof top and side deflectors. I wanted this to look like a working truck, not a show truck. So, the bumper and grill area are grey, like the grey plastic of the lower trim trucks. No chrome, no flashy paint, just what a normal guy in Britain would drive every day.

I did a very light weathering on the frame, mostly to show details. The cab fit on this this was one of the worst I have seen. I played and played with it to get the cab to be able to tilt, but no can do, so I took pictures with the cab off of the engine, and with the cab on.

This was a RoG version, but it is the same truck as the Italeri offerings. If you want a good challenge, this is it. I normally enjoy Italeri truck builds, but this on fought me the whole way. Even the paint gave me issues. I painted the white, then the red, then clear. Once the clear hit the red, it all wrinkled. I had to strip and redo the red. Oh well. It was still fun and that is why we do this to ourselves.

Enjoy

DSCN7058.JPG

DSCN7059.JPG

DSCN7060.JPG

DSCN7061.JPG

DSCN7062.JPG

DSCN7063.JPG

DSCN7064.JPG

DSCN7065.JPG

DSCN7066.JPG