Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1964 Chevy Impala SS

Mr mopar

Looks like they now have the rear differential fixed on the box. :lol: This is from the box of the previous Lowrider issue:

P2131938-vi.jpg

Seriously speaking, I might have to buy one of these! I remember having a great time putting this kit together the previous time when it came out, so I'd like to do another.

17 hours ago, W-409 said:

Looks like they now have the rear differential fixed on the box. :lol: This is from the box of the previous Lowrider issue:

P2131938-vi.jpg

Seriously speaking, I might have to buy one of these! I remember having a great time putting this kit together the previous time when it came out, so I'd like to do another.

Hahaha I just saw this yesterday on a trip to Michael's to use up some old gift cards. I showed the box to my girlfriend, who has very limited knowledge when it comes to cars, and even she spotted that in seconds. That gave me a pretty good laugh.

I was going to buy it, too. Unfortunately, someone decided to steal all of the lowrider parts out of it. I could do without them, but it's the principal. Sometimes I don't really like people very much.

Anyway, nice to see this one back out. Gotta love these old boats.

I've got several of these in my stash. IMO, this kit has THE MOST accurate GM 1963-64 B-Body two door hardtop roofline. Even the old '60's annuals to my eyes never got that quite right. I have a somewhat forlorn AMT '64 Pontiac Bonneville that's been calling my name to give it a roof swap with this Revell roof.

The kit itself is quite nice.....VERY nicely detailed SBC and builds up with no issues as I've heard.

• 2 years later...
On 12/19/2018 at 5:54 PM, Rodent said:

Yes, a very nice 327 with a Powerglide.

The 327 is more representative of the 1962-66 Impalas than big blocks 409s , 396s and 427s. And the valve cover are so unique on the 327. Revell did a nice job recreating it in 1/25.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Brutalform said:

Having a difficult time locating one of these 64 Impala kits. Performing a search on eBay often.  I have built a couple of the AMT kits, but this one looks really nice. 

Model car roundup has one for sale on their sight.

I never knew this kit was difficult to find now. Yeah.........the few that I've seen are going for some rather big bucks. 👀

I'm glad I got the couple that I did and also a junker body to boot. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I still say that Revell got this one 'bout dead perfect. Roof and all.

Maybe that's why they're so scarce? Us modelers know a good kit when we see it! :D

Why that '64 Impala 327 engine is getting so many compliments: separate fuel pump, water pump, oil filler tube, coil, alternator with bracket, etc.  This is the instruction sheet from the Revell '64 Impala Lowrider.  I'm not sure if the stock-only kit has the optional Holley carb shown here.

64Imp_eng.jpg