Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Buick skylark hood

1 hour ago, rickcaps55 said:

I have not seen any out there yet but I did get the kit with  the blue car on the front of the box and there is a stock hood in that kit you just have to fill in the hole for the carbs I have one and its not bad I'm doing it now. 

This more recent issue might be easier to find:

158516-10571-pristine.jpg

On 12/19/2018 at 8:19 PM, ranma said:

Is there any resin casters making a stock flat hood for the '70 gsX kit ? would like to do a skylark conversion since they are the same body ect.

No resin casters that I know of. I'm attempting the same thing. Here are two of my efforts so far. Obviously haven't sanded the white hood yet,. Also attempting a stock grille. Yes, there are too many bars. Doubt too many people in the non 1/24 world would notice if I didn't tell them. PS...no, I have not smoothed and polished the paint. Not sure this will be the final color anyway. Cheers!

12 hours ago, rickcaps55 said:

I have not seen any out there yet but I did get the kit with  the blue car on the front of the box and there is a stock hood in that kit you just have to fill in the hole for the carbs I have one and its not bad I'm doing it now. 

I, too, used the kit with the blue car on the box.

20181220_224150.jpg

Edited by AMC ROB