Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texaco Station

uncle potts

Rich, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Eshaver is correct they are gearbox collectables. My wife bought them for me several years ago. I do not know where, and she can't remember. I have seen them on EBay. As far as accuracy in scale i don't know, but they work for me for what i want to do. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, uncle potts said:

Rich, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Eshaver is correct they are gearbox collectables. My wife bought them for me several years ago. I do not know where, and she can't remember. I have seen them on EBay. As far as accuracy in scale i don't know, but they work for me for what i want to do. Hope that helps.

Paul , I deal parts for the Real deal still . The main body of the Gearbox is about 3 MM too narrow . I know that won't amount to a heck of a lot to most here , cause they don't know squat about gasoline pumps . I've spent nearly 50 + years dealing with service stations , pumps , their history and scouring the US for parts to rebuild them

• 2 months later...

Time for an update.  My time at the bench has been spuratic lately.  This is where I'm at. The siding is done. The garage doors and entry doors are installed.  The roof and the island are my next projects. Comments are welcome. It helps me see where I can improve or what just looks wonky to the average eye. Thanks for looking.

20190224_181347.jpg

20190224_164749.jpg

Your interior work is shaping up nicely Paul, and this is what happens..... you get pulled in as the building evolves, and the diorama takes on a life of it's own. Before you know it, the building itself becomes a living thing almost. This is what I like most about constructing a diorama building, along with the photographic results of course.

David

9 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Your interior work is shaping up nicely Paul, and this is what happens..... you get pulled in as the building evolves, and the diorama takes on a life of it's own. Before you know it, the building itself becomes a living thing almost. This is what I like most about constructing a diorama building, along with the photographic results of course.

Thanks for the kind comments. It's amazing to me that dioramas never seem to be done. There's always one more thing to add.

I don't see my diorama ever being completed, or finished..... instead I prefer to think of the project as something I can keep adding to or modifying as time goes on. Sometimes I sit and look at the diorama ' site ' while I am having a coffee, and some small detail comes to mind..... yet another idea that leads to further creativity. Also, there are some contacts I have who will occasionally send me information about an element of the scenario that might be worth considering.... maybe a new found photograph from the distant past.....

David