Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1968 Chevelle now in stock and shipping

Brett Barrow

15 hours ago, michaelbaskett said:

Hi Brett....

I went on to order these kits,  two of each, but, I can't justify the shipping to Canada....$61.00 just for shipping is just a bit much....

Maybe they will run a "FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA" sale after Christmas....

Yeah, I can't find a happy medium where our shipping software doesn't either ream us or ream the customer when combining several items on international shipping. Sorry.  Just one of the limitations of the particular site hosting we use.   If we change the settings one way it undercharges, we go the other and it overcharges.    I know Scott and Elm City from my days in wholesale,  good guy and a good company.  

Nick Sandone has his in hand and was posting pictures of the open kit on FaceBook...

I was told that the "new" Revell was shipping to their largest distributors ( Stephens/Megahobby) but neglecting their smaller direct ship customers.  Is there any truth to this or are they shipping these out to all customers?                                

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nick Sandone has his in hand and was posting pictures of the open kit on FaceBook...

I was told that the "new" Revell was shipping to their largest distributors ( Stephens/Megahobby) but neglecting their smaller direct ship customers.  Is there any truth to this or are they shipping these out to all customers?                                

We got them via tractor trailer (8 pallets total between the two).  Smaller customers would be getting them via FedEx/UPS I imagine and they're a bit busy this time of year.  

Edited by Brett Barrow

2 hours ago, RDean58 said:

Well, I ordered my Chevelle and Boss earlier today so I hope there is enough for me :-)

I ordered just before noon, and already got an email that it's been shipped! WOOHOO! For once I should be among the very first to be able to nitpick a kit! :lol:B)

6 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

WOOHOO! For once I should be among the very first to be able to nitpick a kit! :lol:B)

This will be the review " I will " be waiting to read!     ....because I know he won't say anything until it has been checked & rechecked!         (still will buy two anyways)

On 12/20/2018 at 7:08 PM, SfanGoch said:

Contact Scott Millican of Elm City Hobbies, which is in New Brunswick. He should be able to tell you when it'll be in stock.

I was just on the phone with Scott. He won't have them for a couple weeks but his price is only a couple bucks more than Hobby Lobby after the US to CDN $ exchange. No idea what his shipping rates are though. 

On 12/20/2018 at 7:08 PM, SfanGoch said:

Contact Scott Millican of Elm City Hobbies, which is in New Brunswick. He should be able to tell you when it'll be in stock.

Just came out yesterday, so don't have them yet, looking at mid January when my next order comes in.

Mustang is going to be $31CDN, Chevelle $33.50CDN. Shipping depends on where it is going.

I do have the new '48 Ford Convertible, Camaro Pro Stock, '64 Impala, and '69 Daytona, as well as the AMT Riviera and the SJR Donnie Allison Olds (still plenty of the Buddy Baker Olds left, and currently on special until Jan 1)

Click the link in my signature.

Edited by Scott - Elm City Hobbies