Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Yamaha TZ250m (1994)

I just started this one. I started engine and frame assy and painting the fairings. I got some pretty good 1st coats. Tbe metallic blue was pretty easy, metallic colors always lay down smooth. White can be a bit orange peeled but this 1st coat of white came out really good. I just have to paint the metallic blue where the bottom fairing is masked on the sided:
Box art:
Tam-Yamaha-TZ250-M.jpg

The kit;
The frame already comes with the silver coating.
P1040298.jpg
P1040299.jpg
P1040295.jpg
P1040296.jpg
P1040297.jpg

And here is further progress on this bike:
Here's an update on work I've done. I did some frame assy and heat stained the tuned pipes. I included a photo from the box side panel so you can see how the pipes have this foil covering on them so you don't think I did some cheesy job putting foil on them. It's not like BMF on chrome trim, doesn't need to be crinkle free.
Box photo:
Box-Photo.jpg

Model photos:
P1040320.jpg
P1040321.jpg
P1040322.jpg
P1040323.jpg

Tamiya bike kits are really nice. The frames are really beautiful and have the perfect look to them compared to the original. You are doing a great job with the paint. This is one of the few bike kits I do not have or haven't already built. Keep up the great work.