Model Cars Magazine Forum
AMC ROB

Bill Elliott 1985 Coors Thunderbird...built 30 years ago

I have always wanted to do this car because of the historical significance of it. You have done a superb job on it.

I'm not an Elliott fan, but I am a fan of outstanding models. And this build qualifies in that category.

1 hour ago, Old Coyote said:

I'm not an Elliott fan, but I am a fan of outstanding models. And this build qualifies in that category.

Wow! Well THANK you!!!

That is a  very nice model.  I started this one when it came out way back. Dropped it twice while painting the body, after the second time it looked like Dirty Dale was trying to pass after I stepped on it. Yeah not a good moment to be angry. LOL

Very sharp...this was one of the Monogram NASCAR kits I built as a teenager back in the day...really like NASCAR from the 80s. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/27/2018 at 8:45 PM, AMC ROB said:

Box stock. Thinking that front track is too wide.

It looks great, amazing for a kit built with kit decals!

Since you mention the track looks too wide: I'm working on a narrowed T-bird, with a longer nose too. Track went from ~62" to ~58" (front and rear), although I'm not sure that 58" was the real value. There still a ton of things to change, it won't be ready soon.

Rob

tbird-127.jpg

Edited by robdebie

Regarding the front track width being too wide...  I recall a comment made by one of the drivers (I can't recall which at the moment -- but it wasn't a Ford driver) that the car was "so narrow that it needed a kickstand to keep from falling over"  ...  LOL.