Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 NO(VA)MAD

E St. Kruiser50

Well, not sure if this is the kind of thing you guy's here like, and it was kind of a different build for me - especially the stock wheels and tires and the stock height. I love 24 inchers and the droped in the weeds look ;).

I finished this a couple of month's ago, just before I started posting here. I got the hairbrain idea of building this as a sort-of factory super-stock. CHEVY HEMI"S have been around since the 60's, so this has a big block Chevy Hemi in it that's carburated and detailed as stock.

2008_0329Photobucket10015.jpg

2008_0401Photobucket10039.jpg

2008_0414Photobucket10037-1.jpg

2008_0409Photobucket10039.jpg

2008_0414Photobucket10034.jpg

2008_0414Photobucket10035.jpg

2008_0414Photobucket10036.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Well, not sure if this is the kind of thing you guy's here like...

Okay, now that comment's just side-splitting funny.

I think this build represents everything that is good and right about scale modeling. It also nails solidly the look of a "retro mod" treatment of a 60's era muscle car...whether it actually existed or not. You can pretty much never go wrong with factory rallye wheels...a cowl induction hood...an insane engine...and the retina searing color doesn't take anything away from it either! ;)

You are hereby granted official permission to keep building and posting photos of this kind of model. I'm not necessarily a "hater" of the other style you're more in tune with, but given the choice...

Take a bow and just graciously wait for the applause to settle down a bit before leaving the stage!

Okay, now that comment's just side-splitting funny.

I think this build represents everything that is good and right about scale modeling. It also nails solidly the look of a "retro mod" treatment of a 60's era muscle car...whether it actually existed or not. You can pretty much never go wrong with factory rallye wheels...a cowl induction hood...an insane engine...and the retina searing color doesn't take anything away from it either! ;)

You are hereby granted official permission to keep building and posting photos of this kind of model. I'm not necessarily a "hater" of the other style you're more in tune with, but given the choice...

Take a bow and just graciously wait for the applause to settle down a bit before leaving the stage!

Thanks Dan ;)

I gotta tell everyone to check out your profile and website. Bye far one of the best I've seen. Very professional and chocked full of photo's and info.

Great job Dan :lol: !!

You sir are incredible. I really like how well you blend the different eras of styling . when you come up with this stuff do you see it from the start or do you have alot of tweaking along the way? I really enjoy your builds. thanks for sharing.

when you come up with this stuff do you see it from the start or do you have alot of tweaking along the way?

Thanks 'randx0' :P

I've always been fairly visual when it comes to creating. Usually I see these projects pretty clearly, and just build what I see in my head. The downside is having so many visual idea's and having to choose which one's to enjoy. I think that's why it's so much fun to work on 5 or 6 projects at a time, as I don't have to limit myslf so much to what I'll have fun with ;) .

Thanks everyone.

Here's a picture of what I drove for years and still like to drive. I build 'um scale just the way I luv 'um 1 to 1 :P

This is a special edition T-Bird that is supercharged ( Not turbo-charged. This was a roots style blower)from the factory. It had a larger mass-air meter, speed chip, and K&N induction. It had 18"X 10" wide Neeper wheels and 40 series directional meats. It was professionally lowered to 3" off the ground with all the good stuff - Springs, sway bar, shocks and spindles. This thing would simply fly, any direction you'd point it. Talk about fun ;)

2007_0223roadstershow-2.jpg

SWEET! Nuttin like a Nomad! I used to have a yellow wagon too, almost just like this B) --cept it didn't have no hemi in it, nor rallye's & big meats--just a problematic straight 6 AMC Sportabout with 4 doors that I had to constantly be replacing/rebuilding the carb coz it were poorly designed--

but it were a yellow wagon!! :lol::lol::D

way cool job Dave B)

Dave, I bet you cut the tops off those front tires just because! :P

Hi James :lol:

James and I and Jairus all belong to the same club - SABA - here in Portland, Or.

James is referring to a "Style", if you'd call it that, of mine, using the 'ol 24 INCHERS and cutting off the tops to "getter' in dem weeds". THAT'S CRAPN'BLACK TALK. Your perverting my speach :lol::lol: there guy :P LOL!!

Started doin these 24inchers about 8years ago, when Adkins Toy ditributors back in NY or Pa. started importing JADA's Line of DUB CITY and could only order them direct. Not in stores anywhere then.

Really cheap then, so I ordered a bunch, and ripped off the tires and wheels and threw the bodies in a mini "Wrecing yard box". I still use parts from those old die-cast.

Here's a smple of the "BIGGY CHOPPED TIRE LOOK".

"TURNS MY CRANK"

"WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE BUILD LIKE THIS" - LOL :P:P

2008_0823Photobucket10036.jpg

2008_0823Photobucket10037.jpg