Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck-a-thon 2019

Hi  all:

Sorry for my absence.  Our daughter was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune condition and I've been AWOL from here most of the past year.  I'd like to participate as well, with the kit that I had planned to build for 2018 -- very little is done.  Mostly just parts clean-up and a couple of subassemblies.  I'll post a pic tomorrow and see if it's OK to enter for this year.  If not, I can always pack it away in the box and start something else.

Thanks -- and apologies to all.

I too failed to really launch my 2018 build, have half a frame built, and got the body in color. I did no building between end of April to mid October this year. Having said that, depending on the ‘rules’, I might give it a shot in 2019.

Heck yeah let's fire up the new years w a 2019 TAT build , just for fun to keep the motivation going . Prize would be a part on the back from your fellow builders for completing another truck ! 

Who wants to start..I have a dry bulk tanker to build , perfect for a TAT . The tanker is 3d printed and sold by Doug Wagner at Keystone Aluminum model miniatures.  Heres the tank

20181219_154050.thumb.jpg.0bff14ca0a2d0c660920e0ce6f941417.jpg

The intended project ...lots of white stuff ahead while we in upstate ny deal with the winter season ! Its actually a salt hauler which I thought was appropriate 

20181226_101831.thumb.jpg.a6f1af0aa9362ee6694ef0cf147e6767.jpg

Ok..who wants to make it official...

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, gotnitro? said:

Heck yeah let's fire up the new years w a 2019 TAT build , just for fun to keep the motivation going . Prize would be a part on the back from your fellow builders for completing another truck ! 

Who wants to start..I have a dry bulk tanker to build , perfect for a TAT . The tanker is 3d printed and sold by Doug Wagner at Keystone Aluminum model miniatures.  Heres the tank

20181219_154050.thumb.jpg.0bff14ca0a2d0c660920e0ce6f941417.jpg

The intended project ...lots of white stuff ahead while we in upstate ny deal with the winter season ! Its actually a salt hauler which I thought was appropriate 

20181226_101831.thumb.jpg.a6f1af0aa9362ee6694ef0cf147e6767.jpg

Ok..who wants to make it official...

Very kool Jeff!!!

I'd be interested in TAT2019 if one happens!!!

I set a goal of getting a model a month done in 2018. I got 3 done out of my 12 planned, and not one was my build off. I won’t start another build off yet. I’ve got 2 trucks I need to get done, one being a commission build.

Ben

I would like to see a contest for 2019 too. I would like to suggest a 6 month contest. It seems that the contest gets forgotten drawn out over a year. If there is interest, I'll be glad to draw up a few rules and moderate the contest. If someones else would rather, then that's okay too.

9 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I would like to see a contest for 2019 too. I would like to suggest a 6 month contest. It seems that the contest gets forgotten drawn out over a year. If there is interest, I'll be glad to draw up a few rules and moderate the contest. If someones else would rather, then that's okay too.

I think you'd be a wonderful moderator.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:36 PM, Goodwrench3 said:

Hi  all:

Sorry for my absence.  Our daughter was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune condition and I've been AWOL from here most of the past year.  I'd like to participate as well, with the kit that I had planned to build for 2018 -- very little is done.  Mostly just parts clean-up and a couple of subassemblies.  I'll post a pic tomorrow and see if it's OK to enter for this year.  If not, I can always pack it away in the box and start something else.

Thanks -- and apologies to all.

No need to apologize Jeff. You have your priorities straight.