Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paystar 5000 and a dump gravel Trailer Update 12-31

A very good friend of mine sent me two models for Christmas. They were shipped together, One Reissued Paystar 5000 (Cement Mixer) and a Original issue of the Dump gravel trailer. After looking on the internet I found a photo of a paystar 5000 hauling a gravel dump trailer. The first picture is what I'm going to replicate with the mixer kit and Trailer, And I have plans for the mixer parts for another truck kit. Maybe a Transtar 4300 mixer?

1 Paystar 5000 dump trailer.jpg

DSC03426.JPG

DSC03428.JPG

DSC03429.JPG

DSC03434.JPG

Edited by ranma

I always wondered why they put military style NDT's on a civie truck.  Can't recall ever seeing them outside the military, they really aren't good on pavement.  Fair on dirt roads, not good in mud and on wet pavement, you might as well be driving on ice.  There are much better choices.....

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2018 at 5:43 PM, Warren D said:

I always wondered why they put military style NDT's on a civie truck.  Can't recall ever seeing them outside the military, they really aren't good on pavement.  Fair on dirt roads, not good in mud and on wet pavement, you might as well be driving on ice.  There are much better choices.....

Add Mack rears and a pair of NDT's up front and you'll have a period correct military Paystar 5000. I don't mind the tires, it's something different on the shelf.