Model Cars Magazine Forum

? about Moebius '65 Plymouth

Snake45

1 hour ago, afx said:

Thank you very much for posting this Bill!  You mentioned some of the Moebius kits have the wrong interior, did the A990 package have a special interior?

i know they came with lightweight seats and i believe a few other small differences

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2015/04/28/louder-lighter-faster

Edited by Scott8950

12 hours ago, afx said:

Thank you very much for posting this Bill!  You mentioned some of the Moebius kits have the wrong interior, did the A990 package have a special interior?

The 2 door hardtop kit has the  1965 Plymouth Satellite  interior trim

( 1965 Belvedere shown here for reference )

20818355-770-0@2X.jpg

1965 Plymouth Satellite were all bucket seats

williamsg653.jpg

Where as all the A990 cars had this interior. All were Bostrom style bucket seats from the A100 pickup line sit on fixed aluminum seat risers  ,  NO back seat , very plain interior door trim panels, with no arm rests , They were all sedans so fixed rear widows , the carpet with no jute padding on the backside  ( think weights savings )

Pretty much about the only option avail on the A990 pkg was auto or 4 spd. I'm pretty certain the only exterior colors avail were Red, White or Black

As an FYI, I 'think' they were all champagne gold interior color . Although Ive seen some red so cant 100%  confim one way or the other on this tidbit .

1965-Belvedere-A-990-interior.jpg