Model Cars Magazine Forum

I suffer from CSBM too!

I have only been modeling for three years and have over 50 models. its a un-healthy obsession my parents finally put there foot down and said no more models until you finish one so now I am scrambling to complete my 1968 dart for a club display this weekend. I will post some in progress pics soon

I am in the process of having work done in my basement.  Just so happens it is the corner I have designated my work area.  I have had to move all my unbuilts to another location in the basement.  I thought they were impressive one-deep on the shelves, they are intimidating stacked on a table.  I believe my wife is going shopping with one of her friends one day this week, when she does I will go in the opposite direction to Ollie's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, A.C. Moore to browse through what they have.  It IS an addiction.

For me its part hobby, part sanity check for my work. I work from home and sit at my desk/hobby desk. I answer phone call and provide technical support for high tech industrial equipment. I am often sitting for periods of time. This give me something to do so I don't go crazy.

I also have severe arthritis in my hands a wrist. This helps me to keep my joints moving and working.

So, in a round about way, I get paid to do this.

1 hour ago, Oldmopars said:

For me its part hobby, part sanity check for my work. I work from home and sit at my desk/hobby desk. I answer phone call and provide technical support for high tech industrial equipment. I am often sitting for periods of time. This give me something to do so I don't go crazy.

I also have severe arthritis in my hands a wrist. This helps me to keep my joints moving and working.

ha ha, that is the greatest way to justify modeling I've ever herd!

I have around 300 (just a guess) and I tell myself that I need to slow down on the buying. With that said, I just bought 6 more yesterday. The good thing is I am finishing builds at a faster rate lately. I should be able to finish the one I'm currently working on tonight!

Later-

This is the first year that none of my kids have given me a model for Christmas!

Instead I gave two to my one son who has rekindled his desire to build models and I probably will sell him a few that he has been drooling over that are OOP!:lol: (at cost)

Going to thin the car collection of unbuilts down to ones that I have that are of 1:1 cars I once owned or ones that I have to replicate long lost builds from the past.

I have a whole upper closet shelve full of semi tractors I need to get on and one end of the closet is full of trailers to go with them!

20 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

Scott.... I hear you on that one.  Even though I have been a life long builder/restorer and collector since my accident in 1996 I have found out building its great therapy helps keep my mind off the 24/7 pain and keeps me active to a point.  I am the kind of person that needs to have something to do as well...that is one of the reasons I had always had 2 jobs when I could work.   Since I got forced into early retirement due to disability  from a car accident which was not my fault I was not prepared well enough and that makes things very tough all around but Ill never give up trying to build..cant imagine not building.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:35 AM, drag racer 15 said:

I have only been modeling for three years and have over 50 models. its a un-healthy obsession my parents finally put there foot down and said no more models until you finish one so now I am scrambling to complete my 1968 dart for a club display this weekend. I will post some in progress pics soon

Good for you but they only said you had to finish one.......LOL

I'm afraid I am addicted much like many others on the Forum. I think I'm starting to get a handle on it though. As I stand in the isle at HL or Michaels with the discount coupon burning a hole on my pocket and I gaze at the offerings and I start to realize I already have 2 or 3+ of each of these at home already. I'm waiting for the new Chevelle and Mustang from Revell and anything I can find from Moebius and force myself to stop stock piling paints as well. 

This last couple of months I think I've added 50 kits to my stash though some of those were ones I've been searching for, most were just kits that caught my attention or were too cheap to say no to. In the same time period I've finished nothing. I think moving forward this year I will try to only buy kits if they are vw's i dont already have. I dont intend adding many kits to the stash this year but like any addiction relapse is always a high risk